• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Garage Parking the Lightning?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have a total of about 5 inches front and back for my parking and I must fold the mirrors in. While not safe for some - no kids in the house here, so I moved the garage door safety beam up to that spot in the bumper that sticks out further than anything else. The beam gives me about 2 inches of full clearance. So if I'm in safely for the beam, then I'm good. The door shouldn't ever accidentally scrape the truck or bumper.

I do like the creativity and 3rd party products that help safe the trucks though.
Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
My BumperHero package showed up today! Man, they are great, simple, yet effective! Made sure to put some on my wife's side of the garage too!!! No more bracket scars down the rear bumper (didn't have any, but these will certainly help!) ***yes, the videos screwed up, not sure why.

Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.36.34 PM.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GDN

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
I have to thank my dealer for loaning me an ICE F150 XLT over night to try and fit it in the garage. It had the huge tow mirrors on it, but after folding it in, i'm soooooo thankful it fit!!!! Got me nervous since our extended cab silverado barely fits in the space.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I asked my dealer to let me test-fit an ICE F150. They let me take a used one for the day. It fit in my normal garage, but fitting two cars would be tough.

And the antenna is too tall, but that's an easy fix at least.
Sponsored