• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gloss Black powdercoat OEM Lariat wheels looks fantastic!

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I've dropped mine a couple of different ways so far, eibach springs...stock springs with lowering struts...It just doesn't ride as good as stock in any of the ways I have tried. The sweet spot seems to be lowering the back by about 1"-1.5" because any lower and your in bumpstop territory either on the LCA's or on the strut itself. There's just not a whole lot of travel back there for much anything. The Icon set is not for me, but I'm gonna try one more thing before I give up to drop the back down a little bit.
The icon set makes fantastic use of the travel you do have with rapidly modulated struts and progression springs. It's definitely more firm but not jarring in the slightest, it's shockingly good and you can change the settings via the app.
Sponsored

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
The icon set makes fantastic use of the travel you do have with rapidly modulated struts and progression springs. It's definitely more firm but not jarring in the slightest, it's shockingly good and you can change the settings via the app.
I like the Idea of them, but some of the reviews I have seen put their customer service on the low end. Frequent rebuilds, and you have to take them off and send them off to Icon for that. People have reported the lack of communication from Icon when there is an issue or its time for a rebuild. It's just not something I want to have to go through. I want something more standard where I can just pop off what I have and replace it without much issue. Like I said, I like the idea and I'm not knocking you in any way for your route, but its just not for me.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Wheels look sexy as hell. If you don't mind me asking, what did the powdercoatng set you back?

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wheels look sexy as hell. If you don't mind me asking, what did the powdercoatng set you back?
$400 total at my local automotive powdercoater.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
shockingly good! It does not ride as a semi – lowered truck at all. The slop and floating feeling is completely gone. It handles bumps very well and is absolutely flat around corners.

Although the suspension has less travel, the computer/app adjust to road conditions very quickly (thousand times a second?) The rear suspension is very very close to the bump stop and I did not even lower it the full 4 inches or so. I may end up lifting it another half inch or so. Icon recommends 1 inch of thread showing.

The replacement bump stop they have are very good. If you do happen to bottom out, there's no shock or jolt because the suspension handles it so well. overall it rides tighter, smoother with less cushion feel. It really shines around curves though, no more worrying body lean.
The "fit" of the wheel within the wheel well is so much better with your setup.

Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Same tires here, going on 10k miles. No range hit. I wouldn't think there would be considering they're same width/height etc. They are very smooth and quiet and properly rated for the weight of the Lightning. Let's hope they last!

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's a steal of a deal if they look good and hold up!
it's ultra hard black gloss powdercoat. Off road grade. Supposedly it's 10-20 times harder than enamel paint. I expect these will look new forever.

AI_Speed

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Investor
Please share how much is it to do the wheel treatment - and how would that treatment look on the side and back rails which are dirt magnates - albeit slip resistant designed + wheel wells need a ceramic coating or something since dirt clings.

Sponsored
OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please share how much is it to do the wheel treatment - and how would that treatment look on the side and back rails which are dirt magnates - albeit slip resistant designed + wheel wells need a ceramic coating or something since dirt clings.
What?

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Time for a garage space so weather doesn't abuse it.
But my wife's delicate bottom likes a room temperature car so she is in the garage. Also my truck doesn't fit
Sponsored