• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a Ford Email! But it just "preapproves me" for financing to buy a vehicle that I can't even get

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
I too had a moment of false excitement when a financing offer appeared in my inbox. I'm not sure about my place in my dealer's queue, but I reserved on 5/26, so I don't expect to be in wave 2.

My dealer hasn't been good at communicating, so I don't yet know their plan regarding ADM. Given that, I might still switch dealers. Since the customer reprioritization window has passed for all dealers, I don't believe that switching dealers has any impact on the customer's reservation position. So.... for those of you who have been told that you are #x at some dealer that won't charge ADM, I suppose it's possible that you might have someone with a better reservation position jump into line ahead of you when they switch dealers to avoid ADM. Does that sound right?

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I also got one. I am number 2 at my small dealer. Hopefully it is a good sign, rather than not a sign…

only got 80,000. Guess I’ll actually have to put some money down for my Lightning Lariat+ ?
My email says 79,000. So I guess I'm a couple grand short of a Lariat ER with max tow.

Ten years ago I was driving a $3500 car and the wife's was worth maybe $1k. I was welding scrap metal onto the holes in the underbody. Seems so weird.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
I don’t want to burst any bubbles but I have two ford accounts and emails setup - one has the lightening reservation which is not displaying now after dealer got bought out and the second has nothing reserved it’s just what i use for ford pass. Both emails got approval for $110k last wednesday when i just looked through email so i don’t think it means anything.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I don’t want to burst any bubbles but I have two ford accounts and emails setup - one has the lightening reservation which is not displaying now after dealer got bought out and the second has nothing reserved it’s just what i use for ford pass. Both emails got approval for $110k last wednesday when i just looked through email so i don’t think it means anything.
Yeah, I would be really surprised if it had anything to do with a lightning order coming up, but I was mostly just posting it because I think it's funny how much marketing and finance stuff Ford sends to get me to buy a vehicle even though I'm trying really hard to get the Bronco I ordered a century ago and I reserved a Lightning within 10 minutes of reservations opening.

"Come in and get your new ford today!"

I'd love to Ford. I'd love to.

Sponsored

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I also got one. I am number 2 at my small dealer. Hopefully it is a good sign, rather than not a sign…

only got 80,000. Guess I’ll actually have to put some money down for my Lightning Lariat+ ?
As a former Ford finance manager, I can tell you, the pre-approvals, are good for any Ford/Lincoln, and the algorithms, take your previous FMC experience, into account, and not necessarily, your current creditworthiness. You may well be approved for a higher amount, but I'm guessing, from your emoji, you already knew that! ;)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
As a former Ford finance manager, I can tell you, the pre-approvals, are good for any Ford/Lincoln, and the algorithms, take your previous FMC experience, into account, and not necessarily, your current creditworthiness. You may well be approved for a higher amount, but I'm guessing, from your emoji, you already knew that! ;)
SO the pre-approval means that due to my last Ford purchase in 1994 - they still have my record ?

Amazing - how Ford can pre-approve $110,000 on new vehicle, when 25+ years ago, I had FMCC account for $24,000 on a Ford Taurus??
Ford F-150 Lightning Got a Ford Email!  But it just "preapproves me" for financing to buy a vehicle that I can't even get Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.31.52 AM

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
SO the pre-approval means that due to my last Ford purchase in 1994 - they still have my record ?

Amazing - how Ford can pre-approve $110,000 on new vehicle, when 25+ years ago, I had FMCC account for $24,000 on a Ford Taurus??
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.31.52 AM.png
It looks like that’s how it works. Bought my last new Ford in 1998, F-150, and they just told me I could have $87K towards the Lightning.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I currently have a note with FMC at the moment, and was preapproved but only for the mid-50s. I assume it would be more, but they don't want to overextend. I have around 7 or go previous FMC accounts.

Anyway, I plan on giving back my 2021 F150 PB HEV for the Lightning. I should have paid ~8 payments by then. If I can't get a good price for the trade-in, then I guess I will just keep the lease.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I am starting to feel insulted - I haven't gotten an e-mail yet!:p

Sponsored

WarpSpeedo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 RAM 1500
Occupation
Sysadmin
Odd.. I've never bought a Ford before and I know i've never financed through them.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've never bought a Ford or financed through Ford credit either. Just noticed, at the end of the e-mail, there is this notification:

PRESCREEN & OPT‑OUT NOTICE: This “prescreened” offer of credit is based on information in your credit report indicating that you meet certain criteria. If you do not want to receive prescreened offers of credit from this and other companies, call the consumer reporting agencies toll‑free at 888‑567‑8688; or write: Experian, Opt Out, P.O. Box 919, Allen, TX 75013.
So I guess it's an Experian thing... might just be regular marketing. I don't think it has anything to do with the Lightning at all. ?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Now it appears in the order page for me

Ford F-150 Lightning Got a Ford Email!  But it just "preapproves me" for financing to buy a vehicle that I can't even get 2015DE34-515B-4892-993D-2E4991AA4157