• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a Lemon.... Make Lemonade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdaddy3x

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes - I would like a replacement but that's not happening. I would like a different Ford Lightning. I sent the window sticker to Carvana we will see what they offer!
The replacement comes from arbitration decisions. Not necessarily if your dealer says yes or no. It's a process but you will get what you want if you go through them
Sponsored

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
right but the availability of this vehicle is nil.

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
You won't get a replacement truck, at best you will get a check
https://ncdoj.gov/protecting-consumers/automobiles/lemon-law/

• The problem occurs in some part of the vehicle that is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and you are within the warranty period. It does not need to be something that keeps you from being able to drive the car. For example, faulty air conditioning or peeling paint could be considered defects under the Lemon Law.
  • You tell the manufacturer about the problem in writing and give them a reasonable period, but not more than 15 days, to fix it.
  • The manufacturer makes “a reasonable number of attempts” to fix the vehicle. This means that the car has been repaired for the same problem four or more times, or that it has been out of service a cumulative total of 20 or more business days during a 12 month period of the warranty.
  • The manufacturers’ efforts to fix the vehicle fail. Under the law, they must either replace your car or buy it back. You get to decide between a comparable new car and a refund.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Spoke to the dealer a couple of times today. They asked if my dashcam was new I said the whole truck is new but I put it in before October. That wiped out it being the culprit. The battery was fine overnight - and they drove the truck and it started to error out. They changed out the 12v battery and it was fine and then some more errors - cleared the codes and just waiting at this point. Nothing good. Their Ford engineer was in meetings all day. The clock keeps ticking.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So the service manager called yesterday. Said the truck was "good to go". He said he drove it in the afternoon, the new 12v battery was holding strong and no problems. I could come get it or they could bring it to me in the morning. I said ya know what, keep it overnight and check it out one last time and then bring it to me. I get a text saying its leaving and then a call from the valet saying they are going to be leaving in a minute with the car (I guess checking I will be here). So I said great. 5 minutes later the service manager calls to say the truck is acting up and they need to check it out more.

Sigh....

This is now beyond ridiculous.

Sponsored
OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So I called Ford and started the buy back process. They are going to investigate.

The Service Manager called me and said they were doing their pinpoint stuff with the FSE's help (and he alluded to them finally getting the FSE to help). They found a ground spot that was suspect and had a lot of paint on it. So they ground away the paint and re-attached and it was all working. They drove it around a little and were satisfied then the service manager said I want to test it in our back lot and give it a little. So he went out there and the end result was the car seized up while saying stop safely now. He said its stuck in their back parking lot and won't even go back to neutral....

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Process was simple. Dealer could never get the truck to connect to the Ford server to download module updates needed to get the tailgate working. They gave up, truck sat for 3 months. Someone from Ford RAV reached out to me to collect all of the info they needed. Since the issue was present at mile 1, I didn’t have any prorated mileage. Left the car at the dealer with under 500 miles on the odometer. I kept the pro charger that was sent to me. I received a check for the full amount I paid for the truck plus an additional $500 or so. Check was handed to me right after signing the paperwork. Gave them the title and extra set of keys and left.
Sounds like a completely avoidable experience. Sorry dealers exist. It sounds like yours did not explore all the technical assistance available which resulted in the RAV.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
i had the brake booster failure in December that rendered the car undrivable while I was driving - fortunately in a slow situation. Took 10 days to fix that. We are at another 10 days for this incident which has left the truck unmovable on several occasions. I think its just a dud. Put in some requests for a raptor and a sierra denali. Seem to be lots of options available in both trucks

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
The problem is this is an electric truck. I shouldn't need an OBD reader - it should just display the errors. You needed ODB when you had a car with no displays or computers that were accessible to the end user. Now it should just show me, and my dealer should be able to connect to the car remotely like onstar or tesla and see whats wrong with it. Its still a 1908 Model T mentality.
I assure you they can read any codes reported by your truck to the Ford server. I can do that sitting here in my Lazy Boy. I can see what codes are set, how far it was driven after driver was given warnings and how often the codes were set going back 30-90 days depending on the amount of codes being set. Your issue ,other than a disabled truck, is not with Fords lack of ability to provide data but with a dealer who may not see your truck with the same priority as you. I would find me a better dealer or at least one that does not make you start screaming legal action after five days. I have no idea who your dealer is but most of us are scheduling anywhere from 2-6 weeks out.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I assure you they can read any codes reported by your truck to the Ford server. I can do that sitting here in my Lazy Boy. I can see what codes are set, how far it was driven after driver was given warnings and how often the codes were set going back 30-90 days depending on the amount of codes being set. Your issue ,other than a disabled truck, is not with Fords lack of ability to provide data but with a dealer who may not see your truck with the same priority as you. I would find me a better dealer or at least one that does not make you start screaming legal action after five days. I have no idea who your dealer is but most of us are scheduling anywhere from 2-6 weeks out.
Does the tail wag the dog? As long as Ford participates in the dealer model this is their f****** problem! Yes, there is a lot of reasons and bureaucracy involved in why they do participate in it, but it’s a weakness nonetheless. S**t rolls, uphill.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Does the tail wag the dog? As long as Ford participates in the dealer model this is their f****** problem! Yes, there is a lot of reasons and bureaucracy involved in why they do participate in it, but it’s a weakness nonetheless. Shit rolls, uphill.
Agreed!

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Funny you say that. I called one dealer to see if they had more than one tech when my truck sat there for a day while the tech wasn't there and they said they too only had one tech. So the lady told me the largest dealer in the area - I called them and asked for the service manager and left her a message and no one called me back. Its been a week. Thats like jumping out of the pan in to the fire if you ask me.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Does the tail wag the dog? As long as Ford participates in the dealer model this is their f****** problem! Yes, there is a lot of reasons and bureaucracy involved in why they do participate in it, but it’s a weakness nonetheless. Shit rolls, uphill.
My buddy has. Mach E in a different market. He had a notice for a firmware update and the only way to do it was to bring the car into the dealership. After 10 days of excuses saying "we are trying to download the update from Ford" he called BS and the service writer finally admitted they didn't know what they were doing. He said its like taking your computer to a toaster repair place and asking them to fix it. They don't have a clue. This is new technology. When the lady at Ford made me fill out a nonsense form that repeated everything I provided on the phone I asked her why do I need to fill out the form and she said "Sir we are a large corporation". Well guess what they didn't spend those big bucks on getting the dealerships ready to go.

Reactions: GDN

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
8 f***** weeks at the dealer for me, supposedly the replacement battery modules Ford sent to my dealer were bad and they had to reorder the module(s). I have escalated through Executive Support, and I have been offered a buyback that has been approved but I sent all my paperwork two weeks ago and am still waiting on my written offer. I got a call from a Ford rep on Monday asking If I got my truck back yet. No one at Ford has a f***** clue, no one at Ford cares, and apparently, from other threads here and on other sites, Ford has some serious production issues with its batteries. At Ford, Quality is a Joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Wow 8 weeks. I would be on the phone with them every day maybe 2x a day. This is going to be resolved shortly. Im not waiting and you really helped me decide not to consider a raptor. Time to move on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.