• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a Lemon.... Make Lemonade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
well I don't think I have good service. Waiting 5 days for a loaner and taking 10 days to diagnose the problem the first time isn't acceptable. Now my truck sat there for an entire day and probably another if this guy didn't show up for work today....
Call Ford, have your VIN handy, they can see the codes and will work with your dealership
Sponsored

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I got ford customer service - they were terrible.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Should be required viewing before you drive away in your lightning, right?
We all should bookmark it in YouTube as a favorite to share with the tow operator in the event they are not familiar with the Lightnings requirements

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
We all should bookmark it in YouTube as a favorite to share with the tow operator in the event they are not familiar with the Lightnings requirements
yes i wish I knew about it BEFORE my incident.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Dealer admitted they didn't look at my truck at all yesterday so today they will finally look at it.

From him:
"
I will see if one of the Ford Customer Service reps will reach out.

I watched the video

I have not had the chance to fully inspect the vehicle from it being dragged.

As far as I understand the vehicle got off the truck under its own power and they drove it down.

The technician was able to put the vehicle into neutral and push it in to the shop, When the vehicle got into the service bay and he turned it off and tried to turn it back on to move it some more. It did not work. Technician is working on it. "

I told him I would like a regional rep not customer service. We will see where that goes.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Service Manager called. He said the 12v battery was low. They tested the battery and it tested fine and charged fine. Hes concerned that the battery isn't getting a charge - he's going to do some more testing. The plot thickens.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Dealer admitted they didn't look at my truck at all yesterday so today they will finally look at it.

From him:
"
I will see if one of the Ford Customer Service reps will reach out.

I watched the video

I have not had the chance to fully inspect the vehicle from it being dragged.

As far as I understand the vehicle got off the truck under its own power and they drove it down.

The technician was able to put the vehicle into neutral and push it in to the shop, When the vehicle got into the service bay and he turned it off and tried to turn it back on to move it some more. It did not work. Technician is working on it. "

I told him I would like a regional rep not customer service. We will see where that goes.
When the tow truck showed up for me the driver had me back it on to the flatbed. That was a first. My truck would not move in drive, but I could still get a little power in reverse.
Not that I ever wanted to learn these facts with this truck.

techdaddy3x

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If you feel you have a lemon you have 2 options…

1 - continue to get it serviced and when you feel in a good spot sell it for any price you can get
2 - file a claim with Ford Corporate, most likely will go to an arbitration with a 3rd party to decide outcome. Ford will be held to that outcome but you can choose to accept or take to court. I had this with Ram a few years ago and honestly, besides them not being able to fix my vehicle, the process was simple. Got a replacement a few weeks later with all money refunded from the first purchase and then some.

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
If you feel you have a lemon you have 2 options…

1 - continue to get it serviced and when you feel in a good spot sell it for any price you can get
2 - file a claim with Ford Corporate, most likely will go to an arbitration with a 3rd party to decide outcome. Ford will be held to that outcome but you can choose to accept or take to court. I had this with Ram a few years ago and honestly, besides them not being able to fix my vehicle, the process was simple. Got a replacement a few weeks later with all money refunded from the first purchase and then some.
Yes - I would like a replacement but that's not happening. I would like a different Ford Lightning. I sent the window sticker to Carvana we will see what they offer!

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
You would file a claim with your state's AG office under your state's Lemon Law, Ford would lose there and they would need to send representatives to a hearing and the state represents you. It's cheaper for them to offer settlements and cash you out but you have to go by your states law

OP
OP
heffneil

heffneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
yeah - at this point I think I want a usable truck but how many times do I just ignore all the problems :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.