• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got order invite today (4/12/2022)

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
Meanwhile tons of first day reservation holders keep waiting for an invite ?.

I'm happy for you... Just pissed at Ford.
I'm honestly super shocked I got an email. We were thinking that we might be lucky to get a MY23 with how late we reserved. When I talked to the dealership yesterday when I went in to finalize the order and touch base with them, I asked how we got a reservation so fast. The salesdude said they burned through all of the other reservation holders they had and no one wanted to order so we launched up the waiting line like lightning(hehe).

I do feel bad for people that weren't as indecisive as us and jumped the gun to reserve the moment they could and haven't been able to order yet. Very strange when Ford said it would go in order of reservation number, and here I am probably in the hundred thousands in line, more than likely, getting to order a truck. It really doesn't seem fair. :(
Sponsored

JSJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Model Y and Lightning on order
I'm honestly super shocked I got an email. We were thinking that we might be lucky to get a MY23 with how late we reserved. When I talked to the dealership yesterday when I went in to finalize the order and touch base with them, I asked how we got a reservation so fast. The salesdude said they burned through all of the other reservation holders they had and no one wanted to order so we launched up the waiting line like lightning(hehe).

I do feel bad for people that weren't as indecisive as us and jumped the gun to reserve the moment they could and haven't been able to order yet. Very strange when Ford said it would go in order of reservation number, and here I am probably in the hundred thousands in line, more than likely, getting to order a truck. It really doesn't seem fair. :(
Sounds like ford really dropped the ball on the lightning by “selling out” of the pro and XLT, as well as forcing extra options for the ER battery. I got an email to order mine too and I can’t seem to pull the trigger on an expensive lariat nor can I hit extend my reservation either not knowing when I’ll actually be able to get a chance to order again or if the price/XLT will even be available especially with an ER battery without extra options.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I would bet California, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, New York, something like that. Just speculation on my part though.
Yes, a lot of ordering opportunity in the ZEV states, but I think they want to touch many markets with at least a couple orders where customer interest is even if small, you're going to be the sales pitch for more sales once it's seen in your locale.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
All you 4/12 folks who place orders through 4/26, consider sharing your statistics in forum database.
* Lightning Order Submission Form <-- Link to submit your order info.

After posting your information, update your status changes here:
* Lightning Change Request Form <-- Link to submit edit request for your submitted order info.

Review the data of all participants with this link , direct to Google sheets with read only rights and limited sorting and filtering functionality.

See this link for details on how to use Sheets and other posts in the thread with great analysis.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
There is no way they burned through 180k reservation holders declining to order the next model up from their selection. My dealer was dumbfounded on how "we"(me and his dealership)were even able to get an allocation. I don't have a relationship with my dealer, they are just my local small town one, so he was really shocked when he called me and said you ordered an F150 Lightning??? We talked for a few, he said ok I am going to accept the order, and that was it. I never went in, I don't plan to go in until the truck gets here.

If I was to put on my analytical hat and think about it, there has to be something with market saturation and Ford wanting a good representation as far as the entire country goes. I would be curious to see the breakdown of reservation holders on a map to see where the majority are. I would bet California, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, New York, something like that. Just speculation on my part though.
You can check my posts in the Lightning Orders thread. In some of my posts I have shown my spreadsheet with all of the states and % breakdowns. I have been keeping track of the ZEV State breakdown and have shown the breakdown between reservation states, Wave order states and now build scheduled states. About 30% of reservations are in ZEV states but about 47% of wave orders have been to ZEV states.

Are you an early reservation holder? Perhaps your small town dealer was like my dealer and didn't pay any attention early on to prioritizing customers. (November of 2021). Once that passed then it goes on reservation timestamp for wave invites.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
All you 4/12 folks who place orders through 4/26, consider sharing your statistics in forum database.
* Lightning Order Submission Form <-- Link to submit your order info.

After posting your information, update your status changes here:
* Lightning Change Request Form <-- Link to submit edit request for your submitted order info.

Review the data of all participants with this link , direct to Google sheets with read only rights and limited sorting and filtering functionality.

See this link for details on how to use Sheets and other posts in the thread with great analysis.
@TaxmanHog
I submitted my order details on the Google form last week but have not seen it update.

Do you know how long the order submission form updates ?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog
I submitted my order details on the Google form last week but have not seen it update.

Do you know how long the order submission form updates ?
I think the sheet ADMIN is behind schedule with updates and registering new entries due to the forum migration, hopefully they catchup shortly

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Looks like I was in Wave 6 as well (invited on April 12th). Any indication on how long it takes after the dealer submitted the order to get a production date and VIN?

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Hello everyone! I am new here. I reserved the night of the unveiling but only got an invite to order last week. I went with an extended range AMB Lariat. I have no idea when to expect delivery.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Looks like I was in Wave 6 as well (invited on April 12th). Any indication on how long it takes after the dealer submitted the order to get a production date and VIN?
Production scheduling is contingent on parts and batching themes, the first couple assignment weeks covered Lariat & Platinum's then they flipped to XLT & Pro's while the last round covered all bases for 4 weeks of June. If they continue adding to the schedule every Thursday (or Tuesday like last week) then it could be coming soon, but to add perspective, there are still 48 folks waiting for production weeks out of 125 who placed orders during wave 1 (1/6/22)*

*folks sharing their information on this forum

Sponsored

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Production scheduling is contingent on parts and batching themes, the first couple assignment weeks covered Lariat & Platinum's then they flipped to XLT & Pro's while the last round covered all bases for 4 weeks of June. If they continue adding to the schedule every Thursday (or Tuesday like last week) then it could be coming soon, but to add perspective, there are still 48 folks waiting for production weeks out of 125 who placed orders during wave 1 (1/6/22)*

*folks sharing their information on this forum
Thanks for the details, will patiently await an update in my account :)

Battalion3419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter
The California Clean Fuel reward website doesn't even have the lightning listed yet as an eligible vehicle. Hopefully that gets updated soon. PG&E also has a rebate program for installing a EVSE but it's income limited.
I spoke with them a couple days ago And they were worried about curb side weight. They said they would research it.
They emailed me yesterday to say they will update their list next week to include the truck.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Longshot, but has anyone from the 4/12 order group gotten a build date yet?

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Longshot, but has anyone from the 4/12 order group gotten a build date yet?
I have not, but I only placed my order on Monday the 18th and it took a day or so for it to be "accepted" by my dealer. I am kind of assuming that we will have to wait at least until the order window closes on the 29th, but I really have no idea.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
I'm in Wave-6 if that's what the 4/12 order opening is called.

No problem waiting. Got a Rivian R1T Launch Edition coming in 6 weeks to tide me over :giggle:
Sponsored