• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Granger Says They Have 2 Lightnings Allocated

OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I don't blame Granger as they had no control over allocation. I'm sure the lack of allocation surprised them. If I had any feedback to Granger, it would be as soon as they found out they were only allocated 2 Lightnings, they should have communicated this information to their reservation holders. We may have been able to move our reservations prior to Wave 2 to a dealer where we had a hope of ordering.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I don't blame Granger as they had no control over allocation. I'm sure the lack of allocation surprised them. If I had any feedback to Granger, it would be as soon as they found out they were only allocated 2 Lightnings, they should have communicated this information to their reservation holders. We may have been able to move our reservations prior to Wave 2 to a dealer where we had a hope of ordering.
Granger had terrible allocations of broncos so this shouldn’t really be that big of a surprise.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Maybe Ford doesn’t like Granger not selling above MSRP

Sure you are selling a lot, but where is our cut?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Ford gets the same amount regardless of whether the dealer sells at, below, or above MSRP.
Exactly which makes less sense as to why they won’t give Granger their allocations. The thieves I moved from claim they are getting 30…. Now I’m not sure if it’s 30 for the year or MY22

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Exactly which makes less sense as to why they won’t give Granger their allocations. The thieves I moved from claim they are getting 30…. Now I’m not sure if it’s 30 for the year or MY22
Because large influential dealership groups complained to Ford about how it's not fair that a dealership who does right by their customers is getting rewarded with a huge allocation due to their ability to attract a large amount of reservations from across the country. Ford caved and started catering to the whims of the whiny scumbags during the middle of the Bronco launch, and evidently it carried over into the Lightning.

This sales model needs to die a quick and painful death.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
This sales model needs to die a quick and painful death.
if by ”this sales model“ you mean dealerships in general, I agree. I’m in wave 1, and while I know my dealership doesn’t add ADM (and also didn’t for the Bronco), they do force you to buy add-ons, and then add the dealer/document fee on top of that.

I much prefer the Tesla/Rivian/Lucid direct sales model. Order it online for a set price based on your options and receive your vehicle based on your place in line.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I much prefer the Tesla/Rivian/Lucid direct sales model. Order it online for a set price based on your options and receive your vehicle based on your place in line.
I guess you don't follow the saga of Model Y orders lately. Receiving your vehicle very much depends on what and where besides when you ordered.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country

This is a fascinating rhetorical device/high level debate club stuff: conceding a point, then using it to buffer your own argument. I'm seriously going to use this on my wife next time we quibble. To your point, 30 sounds like an awful lot considering the way things are going.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
I guess you don't follow the saga of Model Y orders lately. Receiving your vehicle very much depends on what and where besides when you ordered.
Of course what and where matters. The difference is that in a direct sales model, distribution of vehicles is dictated by supply and logistics rather than middlemen whose entire purpose is to generate as much profit as possible off something that they neither produced, nor sold.

I didn’t even know the name of my dealer until I was forced to blindly choose a dealer when I put my reservation deposit down. And they stand to make thousands of dollars off of me.

Sponsored

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
I spoke to a SA at Encinitas Ford (in SoCal) a few days ago, they’re very upfront with their pricing and don’t charge over MSRP for factory orders or play games with you. He said they have several hundred Lightning reservations and will get 9 allocations- seemed like 1% of their reservations will be converted to orders.

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Anyone start cross-shopping the hybrid version of the F-150? The hybrid has slightly more horsepower than the standard range lightning and if you consider Granger is doing those for 3% under invoice, if you do the math the differential becomes huge.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Anyone start cross-shopping the hybrid version of the F-150? The hybrid has slightly more horsepower than the standard range lightning and if you consider Granger is doing those for 3% under invoice, if you do the math the differential becomes huge.
I would be taking a look if it had a plug and larger battery, but as it is, it really isn't much different than any other ICE truck.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I would be taking a look if it had a plug and larger battery, but as it is, it really isn't much different than any other ICE truck.
This is my feeling as well. If it were a PHEV with a larger battery I probably would've gone with that as a stopgap.

Instead, I finally got fed up with this whole process and rewarded Ford with a Mach-E order. All of my excitement turned to exhaustion with this debacle. I'll wait until ordering one isn't a total crapshoot.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
@Ford Motor Company customers are CHOOSING a dealer because of better treatment there than the dealers charging up to $30k ADM. @Ford Motor Company ought to be rewarding the dealers customers prefer. Instead, they'll hide in the other sub-forums and avoid the valid points in the Lightning sub.
So my small town dealer, who had me as number 1, and I got to order in the first wave and who is not charging anything extra should be punished based your assessment. I’m glad FMC isn’t listening to you. ??‍♂ Just because a dealership has lots of reservations doesn’t mean they should get priority. I reserved in the first few seconds and I was in wave 1. First come, first served. Seems legit to me.
Sponsored