• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Also a big hole in WV--I know there are more Pilot stops there so hopefully those will be added in phase 2...
The EA in Wytheville will get some competition at the beginning (or end) of the Great Hole of West Virginia. ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The EA in Wytheville will get some competition at the beginning (or end) of the Great Hole of West Virginia. ;)
Yes.. although I'd still rather stop at the EA because its close to Bojangles. Just sayin....

Sponsored
OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I started to call it the Bojangles charger in Wytheville :p

You go to Bojangles and then the Sheetz..the jokes write themselves folks! (Ok enough with the 6th grade humor)

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Remind me to avoid Montana with an EV for now.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Can't visit the kids in SD either.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Whoa Just a minute! These news articles may not be as big a deal as it sounds. The federal government is putting in $7.5B under the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program.

The NEVI program is going to cover 80% of qualifying charger costs. Either this Pilot program is going to be competing for that NEVI money or it's going to be competing against companies that received the NEVI money. Either way the NEVI program is going to dwarf this Pilot program.

Pilot and EVgo have always been bad actors as far as supporting EV adoption is concerned. Pilot could have started installing EV chargers years ago but so many times I have had to bypass Pilot stations that I used to gas up at because they didn't have EV chargers. And EVgo only cared about putting chargers in high density population centers instead of out on the highways where guys like me really need them.

Don't get me wrong. I'm ecstatic that EV chargers are finally coming to Pilot stations. But by the time Pilot gets these chargers installed there will be so many chargers because of NEVI that the Pilot chargers won't be any big deal.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I have to assume all these "coming soon" chargers have not been started because Uncle Joe hasn't written a check yet.

I don't like the government spending money but if I were to get free money you know I'd take it.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This is a game changer in our part of the country and it's going to make it so much easier to travel with our trailer.

The charging infrastructure is going to be dramatically better by the end of 2023. Can't wait!

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
They will have to build faster than the current ones are breaking to be better in 2023 and have more for the ones waiting in line to charge.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This is a counterpoint article that explains why convenience stores aren't rushing to install chargers. It basically boils down to expensive demand charges and concerns about getting undercut by utility operated chargers. This can be mitigated by policy changes, on-site battery storage and variable demand pricing at the charger, so it's not an insurmountable problem.
Sponsored