• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
At least we would be bringing an appropriate vehicle for large items. I have crammed IKEA boxes in all kinds of cars. Problem now is I want better quality products.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
At least we would be bringing an appropriate vehicle for large items. I have crammed IKEA boxes in all kinds of cars. Problem now is I want better quality products.
I find a few of their products very viable even for a fairly nice house, but for hauling I'm glad to have a pickup back again. However, when needed this is how you get (8) - 90 inch PAX doors in a Model 3.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I find a few of their products very viable even for a fairly nice house, but for hauling I'm glad to have a pickup back again. However, when needed this is how you get (8) - 90 inch PAX doors in a Model 3.
Please post a pic! IKEA is the only time I appreciated my wife's minivan. Our large walkin we did with 90" PAX, and it looks great. (used a 19' Savanavan) Then I got kind of spoiled with locally produced figured big leaf maple furniture in Oregon.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Ikea is a terrible place for the chargers. They would be better suited for restaurants or shopping centers directly off the interstates.
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations 72C09331-4A76-40E0-9DDB-E573AA328629

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Please post a pic! IKEA is the only time I appreciated my wife's minivan. Our large walkin we did with 90" PAX, and it looks great. (used a 19' Savanavan) Then I got kind of spoiled with locally produced figured big leaf maple furniture in Oregon.
Sorry - forgot the pics.
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations IMG_0061
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations IMG_0062

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
"Are you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it" -GDN (probably)

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Bummer to see that EA is still expanding into locations that aren't open 24 hours. Walmart is already a sub-optimal location since they're not open 24x7. Ikea isn't even a place I'd consider stopping at while on a road trip - and I really like Ikea!

While some expansion is better than no expansion, EA is really making poor choices as to where they install these stations. They should focus on more rural locations where you actually need to charge. All the Ikeas I've been to are in major metropolitan areas that are close to my destinations - not where I'd normally charge.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Bummer to see that EA is still expanding into locations that aren't open 24 hours. Walmart is already a sub-optimal location since they're not open 24x7. Ikea isn't even a place I'd consider stopping at while on a road trip - and I really like Ikea!

While some expansion is better than no expansion, EA is really making poor choices as to where they install these stations. They should focus on more rural locations where you actually need to charge. All the Ikeas I've been to are in major metropolitan areas that are close to my destinations - not where I'd normally charge.
You never take a trip where you pass/go through a major metropolitan area?😖

When we drive to Florida, we go through 1/2 dozen major metropolitan areas...

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Not really. I've only supercharged once in a big city, a day trip to Philadelphia. All my other DCFC has been in more remote areas between big cities. If I end up in a metro area, I'm using destination chargers, either at a hotel or family member's house.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Not really. I've only supercharged once in a big city, a day trip to Philadelphia. All my other DCFC has been in more remote areas between big cities. If I end up in a metro area, I'm using destination chargers, either at a hotel or family member's house.
You should get out more. ;)

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I think this should probably be viewed as IKEA co-branding with EA to attract EV customers to their locations. Without IKEA skin-in-the-game now, these are high power chargers that would be deployed somewhere in an EA map years from now. EVgo is installing gimped 50 kW chargers in locations like this. The IKEA here has a direct entrance into their lot from an Interstate exit. Right now, they have 7.2 kW Blink Level 2. Attractive, but useless to the point that they look like greenwashing to me.

DCFC in urban locations is great for vehicles that don't have home charging or don't stay home long enough to get enough charging via Level 2. The other part of the story is IKEA/EA Commercial partnership to electrify IKEA's delivery and supply fleet.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
IKEA is usually a place where there are many other stores and resturants. Sadly in my area the Bass Pro shop is 3 miles away. By the time I walk there and wander the isles for 3 hours I'll be worn out.

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
Gotta say I’m impressed with EA this go-round. When I had my Bolt, they never seemed to work. But I’ve charged a few times with my Lightning and it’s been flawless:
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations D3DA531A-2A82-4EFC-805A-8B0A1B1A67A8

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

The issue is finding locations with enough in-place amps to put the chargers. Big box stores have it. Starbucks, convenience stores, gas stations and the like typically do not, so MUCH more work can be required to install in such locales. At WalMart, Sams, Target or IKEA it is plug-n-play every time. If they are there, the power is there.

I cut the deal to bring the first IKEA to the US (as CFO of a large mall developer). Their user specs were amazingly specific for many details, including power requirements. Getting that first North American store deal signed was one of the most excruciating leasing processes I've ever seen. I've also been involved in numerous Supercharger deals, have them at shopping centers where I own interests. They are not easy - every nearby tenant must sign a reciprocal easement agreement allowing the "impairment" of their designated parking area and reduced unencumbered "free" parking ratios per square foot - otherwise we'd be violating their leases to put in charging stations. That's just one detail among many that go into installing DCFC. Folks seem to think they are simple because the result looks pretty simple - but the preliminary work is epic, especially in hi-reg places.
Sponsored