• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone tried these Expedition wheels on their Lightning?

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
I just bought a 2023 Lariat ER. I always run a second set of wheels and snow tires for winter. Has anyone tried this wheel on the lightning? It is listed as a Ford Expedition wheel, 20x8.5, 6x135, 44mm offset. Ideally, I would want a wheel that is lighter than stock and keeps the same aerodynamic profile. Since you lose range in the winter I wouldn't want to compound that by adding a less efficient wheel. I absolutely do not want any 'poke'. TIA.
Ford F-150 Lightning Has anyone tried these Expedition wheels on their Lightning? Expedition wheel
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
That looks like the winter wheels I use on the Lightning. Check the Ford part number. Mine are ML341007GA from a 2022 F150. Itā€™s stamped on the inside of the wheel.
I canā€™t tell you anything about range since my snows probably reduce it much more than a different wheel would. You may be in same situation.

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
That looks like the winter wheels I use on the Lightning. Check the Ford part number. Mine are ML341007GA from a 2022 F150. Itā€™s stamped on the inside of the wheel.
I canā€™t tell you anything about range since my snows probably reduce it much more than a different wheel would. You may be in same situation.
Thanks Tony. How do they look? Same stance as stock wheels?

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have them installed on my truck. These came off a brand new 2022 F-150. Have Blizzak DMV2 tires. Not sure about range either but they look real nice.

Ford F-150 Lightning Has anyone tried these Expedition wheels on their Lightning? IMG_0561

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
If range is a concern you could put the winter tires on the OEM Lightning wheels.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Maybe some night i'll go out and swap tires with my wife's Expedition to see if she notices. Most folks can't tell the Lightning from a ICE F-150, those wheels would make it even more difficult to differentiate between the two.

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
I have them installed on my truck. These came off a brand new 2022 F-150. Have Blizzak DMV2 tires. Not sure about range either but they look real nice.

IMG_0561.jpeg
Those do look nice. Have you weighed the combo to see if heavier or lighter than stock 20s? Are they same track, so no 'poke' outside the fenders? Thanks

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Havenā€™t weighed them but they seem to be the same profile. They are also 20s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Thank you sir

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
If range is a concern you could put the winter tires on the OEM Lightning wheels.
You might not want to try that. The OEM Lariat rims that we have/had (still have, laying in a corner) built up snow/ice until the vehicle could not be driven over 45 mph. IMO the OEM 20" rims are worthless in the winter in real conditions that encounter snow/mud/ice/dirt etc. If you are contemplating snow tires, I assume one of those applies to you. Look at my other threads for pics.

As for the Expy rims -- bear in mind that the Lighting is a heavy vehcile and the rims are rated for more weight. The ONLY rims I could find rated for the weight were the so named "Ford 64H" rims. They came on heavy duty F150 trucks. This was when researching the swap from the 20" (tired of drving 45) to 18". There are some Canadian members that also mention that the stock rims suck for snow...... I snagged a set of 64H off ebay for $161 each. No trouble with snow build up since.

Range sucks with the 18", but my brother basically put off road tires on too., OTOH the range sucked all winter. We will see how things are in summer. Might switch back to the 20" and see how much a difference it makes.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I heard from Ford Parts and Accessories in writing that the ML341007GA wheels are compatible with 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat. And that each wheel weighs 43.45 pounds.

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks. Those are some heavy wheels. It would be nice to lose a little but might be hard to do with a vehicle this heavy. Thanks.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I heard from Ford Parts and Accessories in writing that the ML341007GA wheels are compatible with 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat. And that each wheel weighs 43.45 pounds.
The SR Lariat or the ER Lariat? The ER truck exceeds the weight rating of every current F150 wheel except the 64H and the actual Lightning wheels.
Sponsored