• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has wireless CarPlay reliability improved?

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
11 months of ownership. I am in CarPlay 99% of the time and mostly wireless. The only minor complaint is if I leave the truck on and run into a store or something the "re-handshaking" is a bit clunky / slow. Again, only and minor complaint.
I’ll do some deeper testing, but I feel like some of the recent updates (I’m up to 6.3) have even made the reconnect issue mentioned above better. Overall I continue to be very happy with wireless CarPlay.
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I do not have truck WiFi and haven’t found a personal use case where I would pay for that feature vs just using phone data

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I think I figured it out this afternoon: wired seems to really work better to plug it in after the truck is powered up. Had good luck with that while running some errands after work today. Plugging in before turning the truck on seems to confuse it.

OP
OP

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
I actually feel like CarPlay has improved over the last 30 to 60 days. Wireless almost always connects and the music continues to play once started. It had been pausing 5 to 10 seconds after the connection was made and music started.

I used to plug in a lot to get a better connection, but rarely anymore.
See,this is why it would be nice if we all had the same software updates on the truck... If they are like most software makers, they fix bugs with new releases and maybe they're improved the carplay connection. Unfortunately, I have no idea which software versions my vehicle is on our when it might get an update...
Sponsored