• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hedging Decreasing Trade Value (and increased repair costs)

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
The dealer is right. Fords will have the original $7500 tax credit thru 12/31/22. No 80k limit. I say, Buy It!
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
So the dealer called me today with this very offer. And dropped it to $5K ADM. Out the door still might be over $80k after tax and tags. Might still net better than the MY23 pricing. But do I still get the tax incentives if it's over 80 and I take delivery before the end of the year? I thought that $80k price was still relevant but dealer is saying it isn't as long as I take delivery before EOY.
Correct...if delivery is by end of year, old rules apply...$80k does not matter.

I'd take this deal if the trim/battery works...you'll pay more for a '23 and tax credit after 12/31 is in flux. Pay the $5k..its a deal...

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Also, tags, tax and dealer processing are not included in the MSRP limit based upon what has already been published. This is because the legislation does not say purchase price.

Additionally, I have to wonder whether the IRS is going to include options in MSRP or not since it would be administratively challenging to know the MSRP price of each individual vehicle by VIN. Would be much simpler to use the base price for either the model or model/trim.

OP
OP

MVS87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning SR - Antimatter Blue
The stars aligned! Putting a deposit down tomorrow!! Definitely wound up making more sense to pounce now. Although as a pretty early reservation holder, I'm a little confused/annoyed that dealer stock is coming out before reservation holders get a chance to order. I'll take it though! Excited to get into one. Now gotta call the electrician in a hurry!
Sponsored