• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Why is the EV tax credit added to the cost of the XLT to Platinum, but subtracted from the cost of the Pro
That's a bug... a sloppy one at that. Thanks for catching it!

v1.3 uploaded to the top post.
In addition to the bug above being fixed, borders were also added around the Tow Technology Package cells

For anyone going from v1.21 to 1.3: the only functional difference between v1.21 and 1.3 is the Total cost row. Cell C6 is correct so you can copy and paste that cell to the other cells in the Total cost row (D6 - I6) to fix the issue. (Using the fill function to drag C6 onto D6 - I6 should work too.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Awesome job, thanks!

OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
I've updated the file again to make it a bit more accurate and include a few more options. Honestly, the numbers you get from this new version probably won't change much from the last one. BUT, if you haven't gone through it yet, this is likely the most accurate yet.

The file was uploaded to post #1 in this thread.

Most of the changes made in v1.4 were based on the "146-page eSourceBook" that was formerly available from the thread linked at the end of this post.

This might be the last time I update this file, other than to fix bugs. It's getting to the point that the changes that I can make based on sometimes-conflicting information take too much time.

Here are most of the changes I made... (there are probably some other changes that I forgot about)

Added rows…
- "Onboard charger(s)"
- eMPG
- Electronic-locking differential (driver activated)
- LED side-mirror spotlights also function as "security approach lamps"
- Safety canopy system (passenger head protection)
- One-hand-stow rear seat (rear seats flip up "with the touch of a hand")
- Automatic return to park (when vehicle is turned off, driver door opens, etc.)
- Autolock / autounlock (at 4 mph / with driver door when stopped, disableable)
- Auto-dimming driver sideview mirror
- Additional cargo capacity
- Additional battery cooling
- <whatever else the Max Tow Package includes> (catch-all placeholder for when more details about this package are released)
- Trim-specific modifier (eg. "-1000" for Platinum range and cargo reduction)
Modified rows…
- "Large battery" renamed to "Larger battery"
- Speaker count corrected to say "(including subwoofer)" instead of "+ subwoofer"
- Front parking sensors are listed as optional for the Pro in the eSourceBook
- It does not appear rain-sensing wipers are included with the Lariat SR, cell labels updated to reflect that
- "Froze" trim row so that it's always visible when scrolling
- Max Trailer Tow Package named as "Group #3" and moved to below the Tow Technology Package options
- Max Trailer Tow Package values split into the sub-features included with the package
- Trailer brake controller now included with Max Tow Package option (source: eSourceBook pg. 33 "Included with" list)
- "with memory" added to "Power 10-way, power lumbar driver seat with memory" - credit to P52Ranch
- "seat" removed from "Memory stores pedal and mirror positions" - credit to P52Ranch
- Reworded "Tailgate with remote release, lift assist, and is removable with key lock", mostly to add "remote release"

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/f-150-lightning-esourcebook-–-146-pages-of-info.8462/

Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options Example - portion of 1.4 filled-i

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
I've updated the file again to make it a bit more accurate and include a few more options. Honestly, the numbers you get from this new version probably won't change much from the last one. BUT, if you haven't gone through it yet, this is likely the most accurate yet.

The file was uploaded to post #1 in this thread.

Most of the changes made in v1.4 were based on the "146-page eSourceBook" that was formerly available from the thread linked at the end of this post.

This might be the last time I update this file, other than to fix bugs. It's getting to the point that the changes that I can make based on sometimes-conflicting information take too much time.

Here are most of the changes I made... (there are probably some other changes that I forgot about)

Added rows…
- "Onboard charger(s)"
- eMPG
- Electronic-locking differential (driver activated)
- LED side-mirror spotlights also function as "security approach lamps"
- Safety canopy system (passenger head protection)
- One-hand-stow rear seat (rear seats flip up "with the touch of a hand")
- Automatic return to park (when vehicle is turned off, driver door opens, etc.)
- Autolock / autounlock (at 4 mph / with driver door when stopped, disableable)
- Auto-dimming driver sideview mirror
- Additional cargo capacity
- Additional battery cooling
- <whatever else the Max Tow Package includes> (catch-all placeholder for when more details about this package are released)
- Trim-specific modifier (eg. "-1000" for Platinum range and cargo reduction)
Modified rows…
- "Large battery" renamed to "Larger battery"
- Speaker count corrected to say "(including subwoofer)" instead of "+ subwoofer"
- Front parking sensors are listed as optional for the Pro in the eSourceBook
- It does not appear rain-sensing wipers are included with the Lariat SR, cell labels updated to reflect that
- "Froze" trim row so that it's always visible when scrolling
- Max Trailer Tow Package named as "Group #3" and moved to below the Tow Technology Package options
- Max Trailer Tow Package values split into the sub-features included with the package
- Trailer brake controller now included with Max Tow Package option (source: eSourceBook pg. 33 "Included with" list)
- "with memory" added to "Power 10-way, power lumbar driver seat with memory" - credit to P52Ranch
- "seat" removed from "Memory stores pedal and mirror positions" - credit to P52Ranch
- Reworded "Tailgate with remote release, lift assist, and is removable with key lock", mostly to add "remote release"
Thanks for the update!

Still some pricing discrepancies, compared to my real world ordering of my Wave 2 Lightning. I had to edit the previous sheet values to match my actual build order totals.

For my XLT build.

Tailgate with step and work surface is $430.00
9.6 kW Pro Power onboard the price is $1070.00

Thanks for adding the Federal Tax rebate.

I added a couple more rebate options to my sheet, for State Rebates and Utility rebates that some places have.

For California buyers....

California has an instant CCFR instant rebate of -$750 at purchase at the Dealership.

A California CVRP rebate of -$2,000 for EV Trucks with a MSRP below $60,000.00 (changes as of Feb. 24th 2022) that you have to file for the rebate after the purchase (usually take 3+ months to get the check from the state). So only the PRO and XLT 311A SR models qualify. There are Salary/ Household income limits too, in order to qualify.

There is also a California CVAP -$5,000 BEV Grant for Salary/ Household incomes below a certain level. If you qualify for CVAP, then you can also get up to -$2,000 grant for a EV Level 2 charger @ your home OR a $1,000 EV Charge credit card.

If you quality for CVAP, then you should also qualify for CVRP and the CA rebates/grants are stackable.

Last edited:

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Sorry guys can someone tell me exactly what the max tow package give u or extras on a Larriat model? I don't see much difference between the regular tow package and the max tow package. Thks

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Still some pricing discrepancies, compared to my real world ordering of my Wave 2 Lightning. I had to edit the previous sheet values to match my actual build order totals.

For my XLT build.

Tailgate with step and work surface is $430.00
9.6 kW Pro Power onboard the price is $1070.00
Those are what is supposed to be in the sheet, is it giving you something else?

edit: you can even see those numbers in the screenshot in post 18.

Sorry guys can someone tell me exactly what the max tow package give u or extras on a Larriat model? I don't see much difference between the regular tow package and the max tow package. Thks
The best answer to this question that I've seen is at the end of the video linked below. To quote the person in the video: "it doubles the amount of cooling in both motors as well as the batteries".

"Here's What The Max Trailer Tow Package Gets You On F-1 50 Lightning & More!"

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Those are what is supposed to be in the sheet, is it giving you something else?

edit: you can even see those numbers in the screenshot in post 18.
I see in the screenshot that values are correct.

I open your spreadsheet via Google Sheet, not in Excel.

In Sheet the values come up different for some weird reason. Easy enough to change/correct the values in Sheet.

OP
OP

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Is there any more updates to this?
Sorry, I sort of stopped updating it after all the MY22 trucks sold (also, I leased a Polestar 2, so I'm now spending less time obsessing over the Lightning).

The only thing I can think of that I would update is the price of the Max Tow Package. I guess I prolly should update it, I'll try to keep it in mind and do it in the next couple days.

If anyone can think of other things to fix/update, lemme know!

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Howdy y'all, I'm new here - this is my fist post. I have a Lightning reservation (put in ~6 hours after the presentation, I think) and have learned a lot from reading this forum. Thanks!

I was having trouble keeping track of what options each trim level of Lightning comes with or allows to be chosen so I created this spreadsheet to make it much easier to sort out. It's not the most user-friendly thing in the world, but it served my needs and I figured it might be helpful for other people too.

File versions, updates, inaccuracies...
I tried to keep the options/prices/packages accurate, but sources of information about the Lightning are usually incomplete and sometimes conflict. Also, some of the prices are just guesses. If you spot something that is either incorrect or should be included, post it here and either I can update it or someone else can. I have given this first file a version number of "0.9", if you update it, please give it a new (higher) version number. Also, I would like to request that my screen name, Hirudin, stays on the document as its original creator.

- - - - -
Update: 01/23/22
- I've updated the file to version 1.01 but I'm not updating the screenshots. The changes are in post #11...

Update: 01/26/22 - Another update, I decided to call this one version "1.2" for some reason. The changes are described in post #14... AAAAaaaannnnnnddddd, now it's version 1.21, with a minor cosmetic fix

Update: 01/27/22 - v1.3 uploaded to fix a bad problem with how the discount row was calculated, thanks ShirBlackspots!

Update: 02/11/22 - v1.4 (the final iteration of the file?) uploaded to make it more accurate, largely based on the 146-page eSourceBook. More info in post #18 of this thread...
Update 2 - v1.4b Replaced "cargo" with "towing" in what is now the "Additional towing capacity" row.
- - - - -

How to use the file...

One of the screenshots shows my file as I have it set up for my tastes. I'll reference that when describing how to use the file for yourself...

Column A - The pink cells are where you will enter what you think the "value" of each one of these options is to you. The red cells shouldn't be changed.
Explanation: Cell A-31, another person might really want BlueCruise and would be willing to pay, say, $1000 for that functionality while I only sort-of want it, so I only put a "value" of 500 on that feature.

Column B - This has the name or description of the feature. I attempted to use Ford's names for things most of the time, but not even Ford seems to be 100% consistent with what they call things. Sorry if the features seem to be shuffled together! I sorted them a bit, but it could definitely be better.

Row 2 (Trims/option packages) - I've made columns for each trim level and also additional columns for major options packages. For instance, I think the $9,500 XLT option group is effectively a different trim level, so I've put it into its own column.

Rows 15 through 21 - The calculating portion of this spreadsheet...
Row 15 (Starting cost) - This is the base price/cost of each trim level
Row 16 (Selected options cost) - This will add-up all the options you set in the column (dark blue cells). This represents how much Ford charges, not necessarily its "value", which is calculated in...
Row 19 (Selected options "value") - These cells add-up all the "values" you set (pink cells) for all the dark blue cells you've set in each column. (I hope this makes some sense!)
Row 20 (Standard features "value") - For every trim column beyond Pro, these cells add-up all the "values" you set (pink cells) for all the standard features not included in the Pro trim. For example, the standard-range Lariat includes a cargo net in the frunk as a "standard feature". Row 20 takes that and all other standard features in the Lariat column, grabs the "value" you've assigned to them, and adds them up. If you don't care whether you get a cargo net or not, you would want to put a "0" in the pink cell next to the "Frunk cargo net" option (cell A-26).
Row 21 (Cost premium over Pro...) - This row shows the most important thing in this spreadsheet, IMO: this is the calculated additional "cost" of each trim level over a Pro with the options you have set, taking into account the "values" of all the options that either come standard or that you have set with the dark blue cells. For instance, the difference between the base price of the Pro and the XLT is $13,000 BUT the XLT comes with cloth seats as standard equipment; if someone considers the "value" of cloth seats to be $1,000, the difference in "value" between these two models would be more like $12,000. In the example I have in the screenshot, you can see that, when considering the "value" of the options included in the XLT, the spreadsheet has calculated the cost premium of the XLT to be $3,757 more than the Pro trim with the options I would want.

Cell colors...
Green "Standard" cells
- These are things that I believe to come as standard features with each trim/option package.
Red cells - These are things that aren't available. Some of these cells are just important stuff that shouldn't be messed with.
Dark blue cells - These cells (most of which will be set to "0" in an empty file) are options that are available for that column's trim. If you click on the cell a "drop-down" arrow should appear, letting you select either "0" or the price of that option (eg. "865", as is the case for the Max Trailer Tow Package). The value you choose will be added to the "Selected options cost" row (row 16). See cell D-23 in the image for a visualization of what the drop-down looks like.
Light blue cells - These are options included as part of a grouping of options (eg. the Onboard Scales feature is included in the Tow Technology Package group). Do not change the values of these cells manually, they will be populated by a dark blue cell near them. I have made it so these cells say what "Group #" they come with. Example: "w/ 2" means this option comes with Group #2 (marked in a red cell in the leftmost column next to the)
Yellow cells - These are things that I assumed to be the case, but couldn't find any documentation to confirm. The most notable example of this would be rain-sensing windshield wipers; I don't believe I've seen anything that actually says the Platinum trim has rain-sensing wipers... I assume it does though so I've marked it as "Standard" with a yellow background.
Also, some cells were made yellow because they may be important.
Pink cells - (see "Column A" description above)

Big section of green "Standard" cells making up the bottom of the file - these are features that come on every 2022 Ford Lightning.

P.S. Sorry about the seat descriptions... they're confusing in Ford's literature and they're confusing in my spreadsheet. I wanted to break-out the features in order to make it easier to assign them values. Like, what is the "value" of having the seat settings stored in memory? What's the "value" of a manual passenger lumbar adjustment? I very badly want ventilated seats, so I wanted to have that feature broken-out so that I could assign that specific functionality its own "value".

Example - portion of 0.9 filled-in.png

View attachment 37246

0.9 empty.png
$90K is high voltage sticker shock.
Lariat ER looks like the pick of the litter.
I'm probably dumb enough to go with the Platinum, but I have to say "ouch."

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
All in all, an amazing job making the spreadsheet. Good interpretations of what Ford is putting in each trim and package.
A couple of things for Version 1.4 that I downloaded, for the Ford.com XLT online configurator builds, in particular, could be clarified:
-line 59, 8 way seats have driver memory on Ford build page details, 311A package
-line 89, 10 way seats do not list memory, which would seem a downgrade, 312A package, but line 260, and in thread comment #18 above, you mention a change made?
-line 91, ventilation is not listed for 10 way seats for XLT 312A package that I can see. Darn.

Another weirdness, the online configurator for XLT in both Interior views shows a sliding rear window for the XLT's. However, I think only privacy glass is listed for XLT's in the 2022 F-150 Lightning eSourceBook 146pgs.pdf .

Also, the names of colors of seating materials do not seem to match what the vehicles are actually arriving in!

Too many items seem like a crapshoot, will not know until I receive the XLT 312A
Thanks again for your efforts

pic for line 59, 8 way seats showing memory:
Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options XLT build shows 8 way seats w memory and rear underseat storage Screenshot 2022-06-02 000626

and, about rear sliding glass shown for XLT interior 12" screem at online configurator:
Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options 220527 XLT build shows interior side view w rear window slide Screenshot 2022-05-27 003025

& my XLT 312A "Your Selections" showing power tailgate w/ rear signature lighting:
Ford F-150 Lightning Spreadsheet of 2022 Lightning options - Updated 2/11/22 - useful for comparing costs/values of trims and options 220212 order 4 Screenshot 2022-02-12 004205

Update 6-17-22: I think the XLT 312A does NOT get the LED signature rear lighting (rear light bar)...I have mixed feelings about that. Fancy to have, but stands out going down the road if I want to just blend in. I could do without the front extra light bar as well. Although it would be interesting if the white led bar could light up in a color that would match paint as desired. I hope variations for the Frunk grill will be available.
Update to today's update: Now I see on the "Your Selections" section of my online order confirmation, that it shows in the Exterior section "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting", so hope Ford really means it there as I did originally think the 312A would have it, although now I do not see it on the B&P website pictures for the XLT exterior. And "Your Selections" does not show more than "Privacy Glass", so nothing about sliding rear window there. Ford Marketing Customer Service and the Dealer seem lost on the details as well. Ford Quality does not seem to be Job #1, at least for personnel. Almost two months of added Build Week delays not adding to the impressions I have. But it is not like buying off the lot anymore where seeing is believing. Maybe XLT 312A's will get a rebate for missing items...yeah sure!

Last edited:

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
This video confirms the XLT+ doesn't get the rear light bar. Real shame. My order says "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting" but that won't be the case unfortunately.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I didn't want blue cruise so did not order the copilot 360 active. But now I want the phone as key which is in with copilot 360 active, I already have tow tech only because I want the on board scales.
I did this is on the configurator today, I was checking to see if I could do it before calling my dealer.

When I add the copilot 360 active it takes away the tow tech. My question is on a Lariat 510A can I not have on board scales and blue cruise?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space