• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help - Stranded?

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Drove to work this morning (31 degrees) with no issues. Just went out to truck and can't go anywhere (currently 43 degrees) - 3 photos.
Ford F-150 Lightning Help - Stranded? IMG_3525

Ford F-150 Lightning Help - Stranded? IMG_3523

Ford F-150 Lightning Help - Stranded? IMG_3524
Sponsored

OP
OP

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
@Ford Motor Company follow-up: having towed - have read it may be battery module (Ford App says I'm 100% charged and get a text message to that effect) but when vehicle starts up says I've got approx. 83% charge - there is a disconnect somewhere and this really sucks for a vehicle 7 months old

Last edited:

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well I hate to say welcome to the club, but this seems to be happening more. Iā€™m 4 weeks in ā€œwaiting for partsā€. I hope you have a quicker resolution.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I think 12v battery died trying to get updates.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
So safe to say right now I am pretty disgruntled with @Ford Motor Company. I sincerely hope others do not have this experience. As a follow-up to my vehicle losing operability and being towed to dealer with no prior indicators of anything being wrong there is a battery malfunction. The solution is either a module replacement or entire battery replacement according to Service Tech at local dealership. The Tech started conversation by saying they have no vehicle they can provide as a loaner - red flag - indicates this could be some time before I see my truck again. Ford customer service offered to pay $60 toward a $92 / day truck from Enterprise - I'd have to cover the rest but they would "look into" reimbursing me. So - I get to continue paying for this truck AND I get to pay $900 a month for a rental Ford "might" reimburse me for - to be determined. They can't say at this point if I will get the truck back in one week, four weeks, eight weeks. Looked into Maryland Lemon Law and while I would qualify it seems there is no reimbursement for the $4,500 sales tax paid on the truck in addition to Ford buyback minus 12,000 miles of travel. This truck is not a luxury, it's a work truck and needed. I have waited for an EV truck because of the miles I drive, last year 32,000 - no interest in an ICE vehicle getting 22 - 25 mpg.

OP
OP

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Update: First, no real thanks to @Ford Motor Company "customer service" but a huge shout out to Bill at Frederick Ford for securing me a loaner vehicle while mine is "indisposed". Was interested to hear Ford Customer Service essentially ask Service if I purchased my vehicle from them and since I didn't - why did they care if I got a loaner. All of us who entered the lottery had to make a dealer selection - I chose one 30 miles from me as strategy thinking my chances of making a wave invite happen if I had less competition for one of these trucks. Whether I was right or wrong in my thinking doesn't really matter - it worked. I'm incredulous with @Ford Motor Company for primarily two issues: (1) after paying $80,000 for a new vehicle that becomes inoperable 6 months into ownership with no indicators of anything being wrong expecting me to shell out more money to cover a rental vehicle while mine sits on the sidelines for an indefinite period of time and (2) challenging the Service department (again, hats off to them) by essentially telling them don't worry about him - he didn't buy it from you. So if you play by Ford's Rules and win apparently you're pond scum.

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Warranty repairs should always get a loaner if it is more than a day or two. Now they may have to take it for a diagnosis before determining it is a warranty repair, but in this case they should be able to walk around see that you didnā€™t drag a stump or something up through the battery and say yea electronics problem, warranty.

I lemon lawed my 18ā€™ and after the first visit they had a loaner waiting for me every time I would drop it off for the same issue. I also was super nice to the dealership, they didnā€™t build the truck they just delivered it.

lemon law is not a short or fun route, again this is through ford not the dealership so wouldnā€™t even mention to them.

sounds like you got a good service person hopefully gets fixed efficiently.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Lemon laws are not fun, and I did one back in 2010ish. I had to goto court multiple times, multiple care inspections, and in the end, the lawyer took most of the "award money". Ironically enough though, several months later there was a TSB related to my concern.

F-Truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7.3 F250, Audi etron, ā€˜69 chevelle
my wifeā€™s uncle had a 2021 explorer that went to the shop in CA it took over the time for ā€œlemonā€ status. Ford gave them a check for the complete purchase price and a free rental for up to 6 months to shop for a replacement. So they got a tesla and drove the explorer for over a year for free until it broke.

OP
OP

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Any updates / progress @bosox8 ?
I am supposed to pick up the truck today, but I was also supposed to pick it up last Wednesday and then last Friday...time will tell.
Sponsored