• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help, Wave 7 Build Questions

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I've checked about 5 times today. I'll update here if/when I see a change.
HA!! Me too...

This thread(or the other Wave 7) will blow up with activity the moment wave 7 is open I'm sure....
Sponsored

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Has anyone else noticed If you choose the Tow Tech package, you can choose Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 - for no extra charge and that will include Blue Cruise. Seems like a no-brainer. Actually seems like something is off, why would you choose to add the $2220 option if you can just include the Tow Tech for $1395.

Am I missing something?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Has anyone else noticed If you choose the Tow Tech package, you can choose Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 - for no extra charge and that will include Blue Cruise. Seems like a no-brainer. Actually seems like something is off, why would you choose to add the $2220 option if you can just include the Tow Tech for $1395.

Am I missing something?
No. You're not missing something. Something is off.

You can try submitting your order like that, but one of 3 things is going to happen. You're either not going to get BlueCruise, the order shows as having a Compatibility issue in the scheduling system, or there is a glitch in the Matrix and you get everything for an unbelievable price.

The only thing I can suggest is trying to submit the order at the dealer and see what happens. There is a loophole with the ICE trucks that if you buy a Lariat 502A with the Black Appearance Package, you can add the black power running boards for $0. This is obviously wrong. Ford is not in the habit of giving away $1500 worth of running boards. But nobody in Ford Corporate has caught it yet,

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I just did some 'research' online to find the difference, if any, between 'Assist', 'Active', and 'BlueCruise', as I own a brand New KIA SORENTO PLUG IN HYBRID sx prestige loaded, which came with their own version of 'automated driving assistance'. I did not really know 'what' that meant until I drove the car back home 750 miles from Ohio. It's AMAZING, and yes, I would NOT want another vehicle WITHOUT this amazing 'lane centering' and 'adaptive cruise control' and 'brake hold' technology, EVEN if I'm not 'planning' on taking 'long' trips - it works EVERYWHERE, downtown, in traffic, on LONG LONG interstate runs - everywhere!

Now, Ford does not necessarily make the difference 'obvious' between the CoPilot 360 2.0 'versions'. If you are not a CURRENT FORD model owner with one of this versions, it's really not easy to assess what you are 'getting' if you buy up to these, or maybe better yet, what you might be MISSING if you don't. Or, even what you might could change up to later, such as through OTA updates.

It seems that CoPilot 360 2.0 is a 'newer' version of some of Ford's original 'automated' systems, now more of a 'package' deal, rather than each being it's own separate technology. For instance, 'lane departure warning' versus 'lane centering', etc. I see in my own new KIA that these are two different things, yet they both are trying to help accomplish a similar 'help' to the driver - one is best at alerting to a lane departure, or even CORRECTING a lane departure, while the other is ACTIVELY keeping the car centered in the lanes - even though that in itself is basically doing a similar activity, just more 'constant'. With the later, you have the option of 'hands free' driving, while letting the system know you are 'alive' by torquing the wheel ever so slightly periodically.

What's been a mystery to me for the longest time now is the difference, technically, and mechanically, between 'Assist', 'Active', and the mentioned 'BlueCruise'. It looks as though BlueCruise is certainly a higher 'mechanical' system since it has the obvious 'scanners' installed near the steering wheel, but the others are less obvious. I'm guessing that 'Assist' is simply 'lane departure warning' help, while 'Active' is 'lane centering hands-free driving', with 'BlueCruise' being the ultimate 'no hands lane centering automated driving, speed, and adaptive cruise control'.

So, if you want to emulate my new KIA, I suppose you would want at least the 'Active' version.
Ford doesn't do the best job of making these choices obvious within their order system since the 'names' are so similar. It's easy to overlook something, or even think that you are getting it all since the name 'CoPilot 360 2.0' seems to be the name included in ALL versions. What's even harder is deciphering why Ford sometimes says that you are 'deleting' a version, although the truth might be that you are simply 'upgrading' to the higher version.... at least I think : )

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
What's been a mystery to me for the longest time now is the difference, technically, and mechanically, between 'Assist', 'Active', and the mentioned 'BlueCruise'.
Active and BlueCruise is the same thing. I don't know why they use both names. It was called Active before they launched the name "BlueCruise".

Sponsored
OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
No. You're not missing something. Something is off.

You can try submitting your order like that, but one of 3 things is going to happen. You're either not going to get BlueCruise, the order shows as having a Compatibility issue in the scheduling system, or there is a glitch in the Matrix and you get everything for an unbelievable price.

The only thing I can suggest is trying to submit the order at the dealer and see what happens. There is a loophole with the ICE trucks that if you buy a Lariat 502A with the Black Appearance Package, you can add the black power running boards for $0. This is obviously wrong. Ford is not in the habit of giving away $1500 worth of running boards. But nobody in Ford Corporate has caught it yet,
Ah, and now back to my OG thought. What if I select something that creates a bug, does that mean my truck just sits and never gets built because some glitch in the matrix. Or, I suppose I don't get the Blue Cruise system I wanted and just accept the Tow Tech Package is good enough. I guess I'm overthinking this in trying to weigh speed of delivery v. exact options I want.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Active and BlueCruise is the same thing. I don't know why they use both names. It was called Active before they launched the name "BlueCruise".
ah, so 'Active' really includes the mentioned 'equipment' that is ready to accept the 'BlueCruise' technology for hands-free driving, on 'certain' mapped roadways.... gotcha - so there really is only TWO versions - 'Assist', and 'Active'.

Question; do any model trims come without EITHER of these?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Ah, and now back to my OG thought. What if I select something that creates a bug, does that mean my truck just sits and never gets built because some glitch in the matrix. Or, I suppose I don't get the Blue Cruise system I wanted and just accept the Tow Tech Package is good enough. I guess I'm overthinking this in trying to weigh speed of delivery v. exact options I want.
I don't think there is any option that will delay your trucks build date. If there is a Compatibility issue, the dealership can correct it. But you might not get the BlueCruise. That is why I suggested doing the order at the dealership. The WBDO system will show exactly the build and options before it's submitted.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
also, is 'Adaptive Cruise Control' included in both versions?
Is 'brake hold/one pedal driving' included in both, or is that something entirely different?

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
also, is 'Adaptive Cruise Control' included in both versions?
Is 'brake hold/one pedal driving' included in both, or is that something entirely different?
Pretty sure that adaptive is on everything that has "assist" or higher.

One pedal driving is on every truck.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
ah, so 'Active' really includes the mentioned 'equipment' that is ready to accept the 'BlueCruise' technology for hands-free driving, on 'certain' mapped roadways.... gotcha - so there really is only TWO versions - 'Assist', and 'Active'.

Question; do any model trims come without EITHER of these?
No. Even the PRO comes with Co-Pilot assist 2.0.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
I don't think there is any option that will delay your trucks build date. If there is a Compatibility issue, the dealership can correct it. But you might not get the BlueCruise. That is why I suggested doing the order at the dealership. The WBDO system will show exactly the build and options before it's submitted.
This is new to me. I didn't know it could be built at the dealer. I was under the assumption that Ford tells the dealer they have X allocation. The dealer asks me if I want one, I say yes. Then I thought the dealer tells Ford to give me an order. eventually I will get an email to order via Ford portal.

You're saying at that time, instead of using Ford portal. I can go to the dealer in person and build the truck?

That might be a great time for me to ask them for a buyers order so I can make sure there is not any ADM at time of delivery...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
thanks, that is the question that relates to my PRO build - as I am very comfortable with 'Assist', although the 'Active' is certainly an entertaining thought for the longer trips, although longer trips with our camper would probably not fall under the 'Active' usage, regardless.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
So if I get my invite to build What is the best procedure?
Should I wait and go to dealer and get something on paper to guarantee no ADM first? They have told me many times no ADM.
Should I order it online while at the dealer and watch him submit it and take a screen shot. What can they give me if I haven't placed the order yet?

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
So if I get my invite to build What is the best procedure?
Should I wait and go to dealer and get something on paper to guarantee no ADM first? They have told me many times no ADM.
Should I order it online while at the dealer and watch him submit it and take a screen shot. What can they give me if I haven't placed the order yet?
Yes, exactly. They called and told me my reservation was confirmed with their allocation and it was sent to Ford Corp. Now I'm awaiting my email to build.

So does anyone know if it would be better to build at the dealer? And why or why not?
Sponsored