• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help, Wave 7 Build Questions

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So if I get my invite to build What is the best procedure?
Should I wait and go to dealer and get something on paper to guarantee no ADM first? They have told me many times no ADM.
Should I order it online while at the dealer and watch him submit it and take a screen shot. What can they give me if I haven't placed the order yet?
If I was a normal everyday person, I would place the order at the dealer and get a signed copy either the DORA or order preview with details on price. I'm an A-Plan order with a dealer I've been buying cars from for 20+ years, so I know I have nothing to worry about with regards to pricing.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Yes, exactly. They called and told me my reservation was confirmed with their allocation and it was sent to Ford Corp. Now I'm awaiting my email to build.

So does anyone know if it would be better to build at the dealer? And why or why not?
Either way will result with you getting your order in. By doing it at the dealer, and getting something in writing with regards to price, it might alleviate any problems that could arise when the truck is delivered. I guess it depends on the relationship you have with your dealer.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
If I was a normal everyday person, I would place the order at the dealer and get a signed copy either the DORA or order preview with details on price. I'm an A-Plan order with a dealer I've been buying cars from for 20+ years, so I know I have nothing to worry about with regards to pricing.
What is DORA?

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Dealer
Order
Receipt
Acknowledgement
I'm curious - did wave 7 let you put your order in? I know you have been waiting a while via other posts. I hope it did.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Same, waiting for the elusive Ford email. My dealer has been in constant contact saying it should come this week.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, exactly. They called and told me my reservation was confirmed with their allocation and it was sent to Ford Corp. Now I'm awaiting my email to build.

So does anyone know if it would be better to build at the dealer? And why or why not?
Depends on your dealer if they are knowledgeable about the Lightning - some dealers have no clue while others are very helpful.

I did mine online direct from the Ford email.

After putting down the $1500 deposit, I got an instant email and phone call from the dealer after not hearing anything from them for a year since reservation day.

Dealer wanted my to sign a buyer's order either in person or by email (Docusign) before submitting to RVOP.

Here's my Lariat I signed at $0 ADM:
Ford F-150 Lightning Help, Wave 7 Build Questions KenGrodyFord -KUDO- Preview Order 0513 - W1E - 4x4 SuperCrew- P Kudo

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What is the cut off date for WAVE-7 folks to place an order?