• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 7 - Dealer Change

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
My original dealer offered me a wave 7 invite and I took it. Got the email from Ford and it was all downhill from there. Long story short, I was getting jerked around by the dealership on price and they were not competent enough to complete the order online. So, thanks to this forum I found an MSRP dealership in my state and contacted the sales manager there who was very straight forward. He was pretty sure the allocation followed me not the dealer and he would be happy to have my business. Called Ford this morning and was told no by the first CS rep, the allocation stayed with the first dealer. I wasn't ready to give up so I called again and got a guy named Brett who walked me through the process, kept me online while I checked the link to order again and sure enough it worked with the new dealer's name attached! Got a confirmation an hour later from the dealer and here we are, SQM Lariat ER has been ordered. I can't wait to get a call from the original dealer when they realize what has happened....
Pretty cool to hear. I should’ve checked if I coulda done that with a more reputable dealer.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I can't wait to get a call from the original dealer when they realize what has happened....
I love to hear the process is working and these usurious dealers are getting a kick in the nut's

Oregonal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR, Bolt EUV
Occupation
Meh
I will update if/when I get the nastygram I am expecting from the original dealer who lost my business.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I will update if/when I get the nastygram I am expecting from the original dealer who lost my business.
Well done, glad to see a poor dealer getting what they deserve. I am very happy with @Granger Ford and just wish Ford didn't limit the number of XLT trucks available to order (I guess I can understand limiting the number of Pro models). Nothing against the Lariat but it is simply more money than a truck is worth to me.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
My original dealer offered me a wave 7 invite and I took it. Got the email from Ford and it was all downhill from there. Long story short, I was getting jerked around by the dealership on price and they were not competent enough to complete the order online. So, thanks to this forum I found an MSRP dealership in my state and contacted the sales manager there who was very straight forward. He was pretty sure the allocation followed me not the dealer and he would be happy to have my business. Called Ford this morning and was told no by the first CS rep, the allocation stayed with the first dealer. I wasn't ready to give up so I called again and got a guy named Brett who walked me through the process, kept me online while I checked the link to order again and sure enough it worked with the new dealer's name attached! Got a confirmation an hour later from the dealer and here we are, SQM Lariat ER has been ordered. I can't wait to get a call from the original dealer when they realize what has happened....
This is good news! I was in the same situation. Ford CS wouldn't give me a straight answer on the the allocation and two MSRP dealers I had lined up said they had no allocations remaining if I were to switch. I pressed Ford on this... they definitely know if the allocation will follow or not, but I got the feeling they just won't say due to some dealership contract terms. As I was on the phone, the rep was typing in a chat to his escalated team and he actually read one of their responses out loud, "you can't say 'allocation', that gives the customer too much information." I asked if I moved would I still be able to get my order built, or would it be delayed or cancelled? "I'm not sure" was the answer. My other issue was that both MSRP dealers were out of state so I would be moving from ZEV to non-ZEV. Both were hesitant to encourage me to switch because they weren't sure if there would be an order for me. As a result I stayed put. I'm curious to see how these few wave 7 orders that switched will be scheduled and also how your original dealer responds. Keep us posted!
Sponsored