• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I change the battery / charge level display on the instrument panel?

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Hey, forum. I’m currently renting a Lariat ER, and somehow managed to change a setting that “locked” the battery charge indicator at 197 miles (see pic). The display reads the accurate charge level in gray above the 197 miles.

I’m assuming it has something to do with the yellow / orange checkered flag icon but I’ve been through the settings and can’t figure it out.

Does anyone know how to change it back to the standard view that only displays the miles left in the charge? Any help you can lend is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ford F-150 Lightning How do I change the battery / charge level display on the instrument panel? F0A6533E-BD06-4652-9FD3-011910707654
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Looks like you have a destination route active on the Ford Navigation map, try closing out that route, the value you're seeing is the distance to the point of concern.

OP
OP
seanocono

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like you have a destination route active on the Ford Navigation map, try closing out that route, the value you're seeing is the distance to the point of concern.
Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I thought of that and checked the native Ford Navigation App. I don’t have a route active, and have never actually used the Ford Navigation app. I’ve only used Google Maps through CarPlay.

Is it possible that the owner of the truck has set something on the Ford Pass App? I rented the truck for a week, but I am due to return it tomorrow. So maybe that is it?

Or is it possible to drop a waypoint in the Ford Navigation App, but not actually navigate toward it? That’s the only other alternative I can think of, but, again, I never actually used that app so that would just be another mystery.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I thought of that and checked the native Ford Navigation App. I don’t have a route active, and have never actually used the Ford Navigation app. I’ve only used Google Maps through CarPlay.

Is it possible that the owner of the truck has set something on the Ford Pass App? I rented the truck for a week, but I am due to return it tomorrow. So maybe that is it?

Or is it possible to drop a waypoint in the Ford Navigation App, but not actually navigate toward it? That’s the only other alternative I can think of, but, again, I never actually used that app so that would just be another mystery.
Go into the Ford nav, enter a destination, and go. Then cancel the route. That should clear it.

This bug has been reported in the Mach-E which has the same Sync 4A system. This might be the first one I’ve heard about in a Lightning, but not surprised.

OP
OP
seanocono

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Go into the Ford nav, enter a destination, and go. Then cancel the route. That should clear it.

This bug has been reported in the Mach-E which has the same Sync 4A system. This might be the first one I’ve heard about in a Lightning, but not surprised.
Yep! That did the trick. That was an easy fix. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

This forum is such a valuable resource. I never would have found that searching the Owner’s Manual. Thanks, again!

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep! That did the trick. That was an easy fix. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

This forum is such a valuable resource. I never would have found that searching the Owner’s Manual. Thanks, again!
Spoiler alert - it’s not in the manual! 😂

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ahhh yes, we need an undocumented bug list to go along with the acronyms & abbreviations list.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Does that mean there are “documented bugs”? 😄
LOL, documented as in a forum, or an alert from Ford of known problems not yet or soon to be address with an OTA, leave it to forums to share experiences and trouble shooting live and in person, VS. corporate policy wonks afraid to get the message out for fear of the CEO crashing the effort.

I was tested this issue while driving home from breakfast this morning, set a destination for home, and I changed the view of the map to route overview and certain other views, in those modes, you do not see the address bar with the red X to cancel the route function, when I returned to the view where I could see the address bar I could cancel the route.

I wonder if the OP is not familiar with different functional icons being as it was just a loaner truck, but I would think MME drivers would be very familiar unless they too were newbies, I'd assume they know how to use the functions.

OP
OP
seanocono

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL, documented as in a forum, or an alert from Ford of known problems not yet or soon to be address with an OTA, leave it to forums to share experiences and trouble shooting live and in person, VS. corporate policy wonks afraid to get the message out for fear of the CEO crashing the effort.

I was tested this issue while driving home from breakfast this morning, set a destination for home, and I changed the view of the map to route overview and certain other views, in those modes, you do not see the address bar with the red X to cancel the route function, when I returned to the view where I could see the address bar I could cancel the route.

I wonder if the OP is not familiar with different functional icons being as it was just a loaner truck, but I would think MME drivers would be very familiar unless they too were newbies, I'd assume they know how to use the functions.
The strangest part of this glitch was that I never even opened the native Ford Navigation Map before I noticed the issue with the battery charge readout on the instrument cluster. I had only used Google Maps over CarPlay for nearly a week. So it wasn’t like I set a destination and forgot to close it. I didn’t opened that native Map function until the issue occurred.

But I fully admit that I am not familiar with the Sync 4A interface.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The strangest part of this glitch was that I never even opened the native Ford Navigation Map before I noticed the issue with the battery charge readout on the instrument cluster. I had only used Google Maps over CarPlay for nearly a week. So it wasn’t like I set a destination and forgot to close it. I didn’t opened that native Map function until the issue occurred.

But I fully admit that I am not familiar with the Sync 4A interface.
As I mentioned, people with Mach-Es have reported this issue and swear they didn’t use the nav. Chalk it up to some obscure bug.
Sponsored