• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How is BlueCruise for you?

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Here's hoping the improvements they make come swiftly now that they have a lot more "test mules" on the road generating data.
This is where I think ford is spectacularly failing. They have so little date flowing in and no guarantee of increasing that data pipeline.

My XLT for instance, no hardware, no bluecruise, no data. Just a wasted vehicle on the road for the BC team.

tesla on the other hand enables every one of their vehicles with autopilot / FSD and uses it to gather data and test models.

It’s a data problem - and Tesla is the only one positioned to win.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
also already part of the 'ACTIVE' features. They have nothing to do with BlueCruise, which is the steering feature only.
not exactly correct

the truck now calls “blue cruise” all of these things.

Sezary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Ok, probably silly question but we picked up our truck yesterday and Ford Streaming, Ford BlueCruise, and Connected Built-in Navigation are all "Activation Pending". I was able to activate the BlueOval Charge network. Does it take time for Ford to Activate these other items of am i missing where to do it?
You figure this out? I have the same issue

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Nope, mine still looks the same. BlueCruise seems to work, but no hands free, but I don't know if that is because the roads here are not mapped or it isn't activated. Spent a couple of hours on the phone with Ford getting passed around but no one seemed to know and I had to go and was getting frustrated.

Please let me know if you figure something out.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Nope, mine still looks the same. BlueCruise seems to work, but no hands free, but I don't know if that is because the roads here are not mapped or it isn't activated. Spent a couple of hours on the phone with Ford getting passed around but no one seemed to know and I had to go and was getting frustrated.

but are the “activations still pending” for streaming etc too?

your dealer says?

that’s frustrating

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning

Same issue for me all connected services still “pending activation” except for the charging network. I chatted with ford today and they gave me a number to call on Monday.

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same issue for me all connected services still “pending activation” except for the charging network. I chatted with ford today and they gave me a number to call on Monday.

Please let us know if you hear anything. It seems some things are happening behind the scenes. The truck is listed as the sale complete on ford.com, I've gotten a sirus activation notification, and got an address verification from SunRun, so maybe its just taking a while for this to show?

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Please let us know if you hear anything. It seems some things are happening behind the scenes. The truck is listed as the sale complete on ford.com, I've gotten a sirus activation notification, and got an address verification from SunRun, so maybe its just taking a while for this to show?

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Will do. All the same happened On mine too. Even got a notification on my ford pass app today that I have a OTA pending. That OTA wasn’t available on the truck yet though.

Sponsored

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
For mw, the hands free part isn’t worth using. In my truck and in my opinion, the truck does not ping pong. It doesn’t drive straight down the middle necessarily, but neither do the rest of the world drivers. I would agree that others that the camera seems to baseline off the right markers as I have consistent problems with the markers here in Maryland. Exit ramps on Blue Cruise mean a quick trip to no man’s land of “are we staying or getting off this road?” I believe Kyle from Out if Spec mentioned something similar with roads they experienced in their various car testing and that as Colorado was moving to having the exits marked all the way across, they found less issues with the systems they were testing. I also don’t particularly like that the truck hugs the left lane (again in my opinion).

Overall, it doesn’t improve my driving experience or ease a burden, so not really a value add. I’ll still give it a try when/if there are updates.

Sezary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
I called ford connected services 866-861-0420 and we did a ford pass reset in the car. Everything activated about 90 seconds after the reser

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I called ford connected services 866-861-0420 and we did a ford pass reset in the car. Everything activated about 90 seconds after the reser
Same here, just finished doing it! For @805Badger and anyone else it's:

General
Ford Pass connect Reset
Reset
Reset all
Agree to the popups
Continue

All the forpass stuff gets removed from your app and you have to re activate the app.

Everything works like it should now.

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same here, just finished doing it! For @805Badger and anyone else it's:

General
Ford Pass connect Reset
Reset
Reset all
Agree to the popups
Continue

All the forpass stuff gets removed from your app and you have to re activate the app.

Everything works like it should now.

Awesome! Thanks. So this is done in the vehicle not using the app, correct? Wife is out and about with the truck but when she gets here I'll give it a shot. Much appreciated and wish my hour+ on the phone with Ford the other day would have given me this simple fix. Guess it depend who you get.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Awesome! Thanks. So this is done in the vehicle not using the app, correct? Wife is out and about with the truck but when she gets here I'll give it a shot. Much appreciated and wish my hour+ on the phone with Ford the other day would have given me this simple fix. Guess it depend who you get.
Yep, it's all new to everyone I guess lol.

The steps above are all in the truck, but you'll need the app to send the activation signal back to the truck and reconnect the app to the truck after the reset.

It also all needs to be with the truck on and parked.
Sponsored