• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How is BlueCruise for you?

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Yep, it's all new to everyone I guess lol.

The steps above are all in the truck, but you'll need the app to send the activation signal back to the truck and reconnect the app to the truck after the reset.

It also all needs to be with the truck on and parked.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks again!
Sponsored

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Ok, I mentioned that my wife is out driving the truck now and I would apply the "Dude fix' when she got back. She just texted me that hands free and the other connected services started working. So either someone is reading this thread or more likely it just takes some time to activate.

I won't tell her that I did nothing to fix it and retain my hero status for a bit longer.

Thanks for your help.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Used blue cruise on the ride home tonight and thought it preformed well. Didn't skew to the right and only time it appeared to ping pong in the lane was in sections where they had the lane markers scrubbed off and repainted slightly over due to construction lane shifts. Traffic was flowing from about to 45-55 and surprisingly I didn't get the typical NoVA joker cutting in front.

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
Nope, mine still looks the same. BlueCruise seems to work, but no hands free, but I don't know if that is because the roads here are not mapped or it isn't activated. Spent a couple of hours on the phone with Ford getting passed around but no one seemed to know and I had to go and was getting frustrated.

Please let me know if you figure something out.
As has been stated, “Hands Free” mode of Blue Cruise is only available on certain mapped roads. When you are truly in Hands Free mode, you’ll see a blue steering wheel in the left side of your dash screen with the words “Hands Free”. I used it on portions of I495 (DC Beltway) on Sunday and it worked great
Ford F-150 Lightning How is BlueCruise for you? 1661822737025

Ford F-150 Lightning How is BlueCruise for you? 1661822928576

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Ok, I mentioned that my wife is out driving the truck now and I would apply the "Dude fix' when she got back. She just texted me that hands free and the other connected services started working. So either someone is reading this thread or more likely it just takes some time to activate.

I won't tell her that I did nothing to fix it and retain my hero status for a bit longer.

Thanks for your help.
As has been stated, “Hands Free” mode of Blue Cruise is only available on certain mapped roads. When you are truly in Hands Free mode, you’ll see a blue steering wheel in the left side of your dash screen with the words “Hands Free”. I used it on portions of I495 (DC Beltway) on Sunday and it worked great
1661822737025.jpeg

1661822928576.jpeg

Thanks all for your help. After much begging and cajoling, my wife let me take it for a test drive tonight (only the second time she has let me drive it) and the BlueCruise worked perfectly and as advertised. It just needed to be activated. Its too bad nobody at Ford could have told us. For our other cars the driver assist just worked out of the gate. But we got it now so I think we are good. At least on the roads we tried it on, its easily as good as Autopilot (Telsa) or Driver+ (Rivian, which it is actually better than). So happy wife now!

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
1661822737025.jpeg

1661822928576.jpeg
We should get a convoy of lightnings and blue cruise our way around the beltway to counteract the trucker protests.... 🤣

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I have a Model Y and my experience has been that Blue Cruise is superior to Tesla Autopilot. Tesla’s autopilot makes me nervous. It brakes too hard, fights back if I take control without disengaging first, and makes poor decisions about abnormal traffic conditions such as road construction.
Blue Cruise has close to normal braking (although it’s handling of someone making a left turn in front of you is a bit unnatural as it will come to a complete stop and hold its position until they are completely clear of your lane before resuming). It doesn’t fight if I takeover. When it encounters an abnormal traffic pattern, it has surprised me by handling some quite well. The ones it can’t handle, it just tells me to take over rather than trying to guess what is right.
Overall, I’ve been impressed with it. I think it has a bit of a learning function in the lane assist (non-hands free mode). It seems like when first activated it biases toward the center of the road, but if I apply pressure to put it into the center of the LANE for a couple of miles, it seems to learn where I am comfortable. In the lane and it will hold that spot allowing me to reduce pressure. Unfortunately this learning process doesn’t seem connected to the driver profile and must be “taught” every time you engage auto steer. The truck doesn’t seem to have the center-road-bias in hands free Blue Cruise, as that seems to lane center pretty well.
Sponsored