• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I can’t take this again

OP
OP

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Update: 3:30 this morning FordPass app still indicated 47% charge with 107 miles of range. It is set up on automatic charge to 90%. I used the app to stop the charge and immediately I saw a 97% charge level with 305 miles of range. When I went to the truck to start I saw a message on the display Electrical Drain - Service. So I don't know what is happening but will call service and ask they look at the 12V. Thanks for all your feedback

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Update: 3:30 this morning FordPass app still indicated 47% charge with 107 miles of range. It is set up on automatic charge to 90%. I used the app to stop the charge and immediately I saw a 97% charge level with 305 miles of range.
If you had FordPass open already it doesn't update automatically. Instead of stopping the charge, next time just pull down on the screen to refresh the app. It will then update.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Update: 3:30 this morning FordPass app still indicated 47% charge with 107 miles of range. It is set up on automatic charge to 90%. I used the app to stop the charge and immediately I saw a 97% charge level with 305 miles of range.
Part of this problem is intermittent communication of Fordpass, force stop, clear cache, restart the app, send a door lock or unlock command.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
If you had FordPass open already it doesn't update automatically. Instead of stopping the charge, next time just pull down on the screen to refresh the app. It will then update.
This works 75% of the time, when it fails follow steps in post 19

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Change it from what, to what, and how would this make things better ?
I think the OTA threshold is 90% on 12v.. change it to 70% or so. They can also set the 12v to charge more often from the HVB. It’s nothing cosmic according to some Ford-engineers I’ve chatted with. They are aware of the issues as well as poor quality 12v batteries Ford sourced.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I think the OTA threshold is 90% on 12v.. change it to 70% or so. They can also set the 12v to charge more often from the HVB. It’s nothing cosmic according to some Ford-engineers I’ve chatted with. They are aware of the issues as well as poor quality 12v batteries Ford sourced.
Ford engineers seem to be aware of a lot of issues. Too bad they don't address them. The software on their 2 electric vehicles really ruin the great product they built.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
12V battery on mine seems to be healthy - no warnings or notifications yet.

I just got 4.2.1 OTA update and didn't do a thing - no warning - no driver notice - no app notification until this morning.
Ford F-150 Lightning I can’t take this again IMG_0231.JPG

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
12V battery on mine seems to be healthy - no warnings or notifications yet.

I just got 4.2.1 OTA update and didn't do a thing - no warning - no driver notice - no app notification until this morning.
IMG_0231.JPG
I don't think it effects all trucks. I know in my Ford powerboost groups when I owned that truck, that some had a bad batch of 12Vs.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Ford engineers seem to be aware of a lot of issues. Too bad they don't address them. The software on their 2 electric vehicles really ruin the great product they built.
I'm in 100 agreement. I knew this was a gamble vs getting a Tesla (yes I know completely different vehicles). It is disappointing that now those of us with the Ford Pass issues are having to wait until June. Totally unsat. The truck itself is fantastic, but Ford has a long ways to go in the OTA department.

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I'm in 100 agreement. I knew this was a gamble vs getting a Tesla (yes I know completely different vehicles). It is disappointing that now those of us with the Ford Pass issues are having to wait until June. Totally unsat. The truck itself is fantastic, but Ford has a long ways to go in the OTA department.
The SSM stating June is not for F150 Lightning, but the rest of the F150s. The TSB is what applies to the Lightning

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think a part of the problem with the 12 v batteries is that a lot of these trucks have been spending a lot of time between being built and being delivered to the customer. That's not good for the 12v battery.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
The SSM stating June is not for F150 Lightning, but the rest of the F150s. The TSB is what applies to the Lightning
I’ve read from a few that got the fix, that they are still having problems.

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I get that message multiple times per day. Reset the BMS. Installed all software updates. Charged and re-conditioned LVB. My charger does not indicate any sulfate condition. Nothing works to make this message go away for good. So I just ignore it. I figure my dealer won’t be able to do anything, but I will call and see if I can get a LVB replacement out of the deal.

Edit:
I also removed PaaK, welcome lighting, etc... to zero effect. So I turned them all back on.

Last edited:

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I got this message very soon after getting my truck in December, after some really cold days. It went away after driving more than a half hour. I did not reset the BMS. Research led me to believe it was simply the dealer-undercharged battery struggling in the cold.

Also I have since stopped using PAAK and constantly refreshing the FordPass app, in case.
Sponsored