• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ICON Lightning lowering suspension towing/payload update

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Can you post a link to icon?
I only want 3 upgrades..

1 lower rear to match the front
2 paint the grill black
3 lighted Ford emblem

Waiting for Putco to have a plug n play lighted emblem and someone to rear lowering kit and the scales still work.

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Can you post a link to icon?
I only want 3 upgrades..

1 lower rear to match the front
2 paint the grill black
3 lighted Ford emblem

Waiting for Putco to have a plug n play lighted emblem and someone to rear lowering kit and the scales still work.
https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ing--35-0-stage-4-lowering-suspension-system/

Just do the rear 1" drop. It matches the front. I did a write up on it. Uses Belltech 25001 shocks.
Don't paint the grill. It doesn't hold paint well long term. Best is to do gloss black vinyl wrap. Works very well. See my pics.

lit ford emblem to me is boyracerish especially with a huge lightbar.

sr3jan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat
https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ing--35-0-stage-4-lowering-suspension-system/

Just do the rear 1" drop. It matches the front. I did a write up on it. Uses Belltech 25001 shocks.
Don't paint the grill. It doesn't hold paint well long term. Best is to do gloss black vinyl wrap. Works very well. See my pics.

lit ford emblem to me is boyracerish especially with a huge lightbar.
Link to your write up?
With the Belltech 25001 shocks do you need a camber kit?

Sponsored

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Hey did you install the icon lowering kit and camber kit? Would love your thoughts, especially on camber kit. I don’t want to spemd that much money on the suspension kit. Plan to do belltechs (front and rear drop) and possibly combine with eibach springs. But want to know if icon camber can get me back to square

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey did you install the icon lowering kit and camber kit? Would love your thoughts, especially on camber kit. I don’t want to spemd that much money on the suspension kit. Plan to do belltechs (front and rear drop) and possibly combine with eibach springs. But want to know if icon camber can get me back to square
Yes the camber kit gets you back to square. I would definitely get the full kit, lowering with the springs and struts from Icon the right way is the best way to go. Using the factory springs makes the ride far too rough.

joelb1

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Sierra SLT
Here is a great video I found showing installation of the Icon camber kit...

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here is a great video I found showing installation of the Icon camber kit...

any idea why Ford did not include a camber kit from the factory? Seems like a huge oversight.