• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Suspension lowering options for Lightning

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This came across my youtube feed somewhat randomly. Ain't for me personally, but overall stance looks good. Doesn't say what he used...

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I was all excited for that video, but he didn't say anything about what he did to actually lower it, and he didn't say anything about how it drives. Boo. Might as well be a photoshop.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was all excited for that video, but he didn't say anything about what he did to actually lower it, and he didn't say anything about how it drives. Boo. Might as well be a photoshop.
I had to read through the comments. He remained coy about it but then went on to say he had experience with air bag suspension. So this is likely a bagged truck

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yea, It's not the greatest video but it's something. (Personally, I do appreciate the video) People are out there lowering them, it won't be long until more info is out there. And I did mention he didn't say what he used. ;)

I wonder why he only has 628 subscribers... Mystery of the universe I suppose. :unsure:

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
I definitely think I'm headed this route - no reason to have the truck so high off the ground unless you plan on off-roading, and my hope is that lowering will offset a range hit by bigger/aftermarket wheels. The original Lightning was a street truck and so should this one (especially w/ ~600hp)

Sponsored

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
who will be the first to take it to a shop that cuts the springs on honda civics?!!?!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I had to read through the comments. He remained coy about it but then went on to say he had experience with air bag suspension. So this is likely a bagged truck
but also?

Ford F-150 Lightning Suspension lowering options for Lightning D564736F-F42A-4C20-9252-F7298321E480

I like the idea of lowering this truck. I’ll be interested to see his promised follow-up video on resulting range changes, etc. - I’m not as certain as he is that lowering will make up for increases tire/wheel size, weight, friction

not even confident lowering will necessarily result in range improvement - seems aerodynamic drag is a funny thing, with unexpected behaviors

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
A bagged Lightning is on my to-do. Most likely a tank will have to go in the bed since the battery looks to be taking most of space underneath. While the Platinum wheels have grown on me a little, I’ve already picked out some other wheels and am now just waiting on tires I want to become available.
I’d probably try and put it in the frunk.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Yeah without parts list really disappoints. Nice looking though.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yeah without parts list really disappoints. Nice looking though.
I believe the parts list for that image include a computer and Adobe Photoshop.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Nice! I was referring to OPs!
Sponsored