• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Icon lowering kit may offer options for lift.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I had an idea. Just wondering why Icon hasn't offered this yet or another company such as fox.. I saw the new Icon coilover kit recently. It's more of a lowering kit and it looks comprehensive.

What I was thinking is using the rear coilovers set at 0 drop ( factory height) then using the front coilovers for a gas f150 to get the front leveled or +1 for a little lift. I'd use icons for the front to match the rear and some upper controll arms to correct the upper joint angle. Your thoughts?
Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I've done this identical thing, you're definitely gonna need front control arms.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I've done this identical thing, you're definitely gonna need front control arms.
Can you share more details and maybe some pictures? (All I can see posted on the forums are your efforts to lower the rear) I had the same idea and when I spoke with them a month or so ago about the feasibility of such a setup, they informed me that a proper lift kit was in the works.

Last edited:

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Can you share more details and maybe some pictures? (All I can see posted on the forums are your efforts to lower the rear) I had the same idea and when I spoke with them a month or so ago about the feasibility of such a setup, they informed me that a proper lift kit was in the works.
Not much to tell, 2017 F150 crew cab FX4. Lifted the front 2 inches with fox coil overs and it's just not designed to remain perfectly stable at a 2 inch lift. all over the place and floated on the interstate, didn't really feel safe. Anyone who lifts the front 2 inches and does not get longer coil over control arms is just lying to themselves. It's a well-known problem. What's good is that the suspension has not changed from year to year, the lightning front suspension is exactly the same as that.

The reason is the stock control arms move too closely and it's hard to get an ideal Alignment. All the major manufacturers recommend getting longer front control arms if you lift the front, I got a set of icon front coil over and they were fantastic, the thing drove like a Cadillac afterwards once the alignment was able to get in spec with the lift

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Not much to tell, 2017 F150 crew cab FX4. Lifted the front 2 inches with fox coil overs and it's just not designed to remain perfectly stable at a 2 inch lift. all over the place and floated on the interstate, didn't really feel safe. Anyone who lifts the front 2 inches and does not get longer coil over control arms is just lying to themselves. It's a well-known problem. What's good is that the suspension has not changed from year to year, the lightning front suspension is exactly the same as that.

The reason is the stock control arms move too closely and it's hard to get an ideal Alignment. All the major manufacturers recommend getting longer front control arms if you lift the front, I got a set of icon front coil over and they were fantastic, the thing drove like a Cadillac afterwards once the alignment was able to get in spec with the lift
Ahh I see. I thought you did this to your lightning using the newest F150(Lightning) coilovers from Icon.
Sponsored