• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

If I remove the mobile charging cable when I order...

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Ha, nice touch with the avalanche! I'd have done the same :)
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Idk if someone posted in here earlier in the week or another site but there's a charger company looking for product beta testers and giving 40% off codes for charger on Amazon. It came out to like $220 for level 2. I forgot the company, but I'll post if i can find link

Edit: here's the link
https://ev-lectron.com/pages/test-products

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I removed mine from my Pro order a couple days ago.

In my research I can get 2 superior EV chargers for close to $500. A 48a 14-50 one for home charging, and a modular L1/L2 charger to keep in the truck.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll definitely stick with removing the cable when my time comes (I doubt they'll add it back for 2024 if that's what I end up getting invited to order). The beta test sounds neat but nothing to test it on at the moment. I'll wait to pick something until after I have an order though. Lots of time to score a good deal. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I removed mine. Called Ford and asked if price protection means I will get the mobile charger for free? The rep said, yes. Then he said all Lightnings will come with a way to charge. Although I think there is a very high possibility that particular person didn’t know what he was talking about, now I am wondering what if he was right at least about price protected guys. I am thinking about installing a home charger and wait to see if I get the mobile charger with the truck before I order one. I wonder if there is a way to check to see if it is shipped with it once it is built and shipped.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I removed mine. Called Ford and asked if price protection means I will get the mobile charger for free? The rep said, yes. Then he said all Lightnings will come with a way to charge. Although I think there is a very high possibility that particular person didn’t know what he was talking about, now I am wondering what if he was right at least about price protected guys. I am thinking about installing a home charger and wait to see if I get the mobile charger with the truck before I order one. I wonder if there is a way to check to see if it is shipped with it once it is built and shipped.
I'll be watching for folk to get deliveries of 2023 models and maybe ask again then. I emailed my dealer with the same question but haven't heard back yet.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I'll be watching for folk to get deliveries of 2023 models and maybe ask again then. I emailed my dealer with the same question but haven't heard back yet.
Since you’re a penny pincher like me, also don’t forget that-I think- by purchasing the EVSE separately you should qualify for a separate tax credit that you might not get if you buy it bundled with the truck. Got 30% back when I installed mine back in 2017, for both the EVSE AND the required wiring. There’s a thread on this on here somewhere.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Since you’re a penny pincher like me, also don’t forget that-I think- by purchasing the EVSE separately you should qualify for a separate tax credit that you might not get if you buy it bundled with the truck. Got 30% back when I installed mine back in 2017, for both the EVSE AND the required wiring. There’s a thread on this on here somewhere.
I didn't know there was a federal incentive until yesterday, that's a great tip. My utility provides a small rebate as well, $300 for at least 40amp and $500 for greater than 50amp. I like having choices.

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco

^^^ what Nick said. I removed Ford's mobile charger from my wave 3 order to provide my own for easier tax filing and rebate purposes. Since I won't be seeing my XLT until 2023, I plan to have a charger (leaning ChargePoint or JuiceBox) installed before EOY.
Sponsored