• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Interior choice and mud

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Wondering if anyone has input on mud and the interior options. XLT with cloth seats is closer to what I want to spend, but my Transit with black cloth seats has not fared well at all. My GTI with black leather is at least not gross. Looks like some of the leather might be perforated? butt coolers sound nice but also hard to clean.

We live fifty miles south of Vancouver BC and do a lot of messy outdoor stuff. My Transit's black cloth seats are always getting wet and muddy and it soaks into the seat; half the year it is drizzling and humid and that stuff doesn't dry out. I put a cheap cover on the driver's seat so at least it doesn't stink like the kid's seat, but it looks bad. The whole inside, which has a lot of black carpeting, is pretty hopelessly dirty... vacuuming doesn't do anything. I made a "pan" out of vinyl for the back half so muddy bikes and kayaks and wet suits get tossed back there but there's no getting around that we're either covered in mud when we get in, or if you can wash your stuff off (I have a hand operated shower thing), completely sopping wet.

The only thing that's worked well-- couple years ago we got a beater Subaru with light colored leather and it is much easier to clean so we use that a lot now (drives better in the rain too). My GTI's black "leather" is miserable when its sunny (literally no full darkness mid summer, lots of sun to warm those seats up). Dirt dries to a tan color and even the detailer couldn't get it all out of the fake leather grain in the GTI.
Sponsored

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
Wondering if anyone has input on mud and the interior options. XLT with cloth seats is closer to what I want to spend, but my Transit with black cloth seats has not fared well at all. My GTI with black leather is at least not gross. Looks like some of the leather might be perforated? butt coolers sound nice but also hard to clean.

We live fifty miles south of Vancouver BC and do a lot of messy outdoor stuff. My Transit's black cloth seats are always getting wet and muddy and it soaks into the seat; half the year it is drizzling and humid and that stuff doesn't dry out. I put a cheap cover on the driver's seat so at least it doesn't stink like the kid's seat, but it looks bad. The whole inside, which has a lot of black carpeting, is pretty hopelessly dirty... vacuuming doesn't do anything. I made a "pan" out of vinyl for the back half so muddy bikes and kayaks and wet suits get tossed back there but there's no getting around that we're either covered in mud when we get in, or if you can wash your stuff off (I have a hand operated shower thing), completely sopping wet.

The only thing that's worked well-- couple years ago we got a beater Subaru with light colored leather and it is much easier to clean so we use that a lot now (drives better in the rain too). My GTI's black "leather" is miserable when its sunny (literally no full darkness mid summer, lots of sun to warm those seats up). Dirt dries to a tan color and even the detailer couldn't get it all out of the fake leather grain in the GTI.
Weathertech floor liners and seat covers. I have their floor liners in my truck now for 8 years and the carpet underneath still looks like brand new, I'm a mechanic by trade so I get into all kind of grimy situations that usually follow me into the truck.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Weathertech floor liners and seat covers. I have their floor liners in my truck now for 8 years and the carpet underneath still looks like brand new, I'm a mechanic by trade so I get into all kind of grimy situations that usually follow me into the truck.
The floor liners Ford sells for the Mach E are very nice and provide almost as much protection as WeatherTech. They even have ponies, Mach E logos, etc.

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
The floor liners Ford sells for the Mach E are very nice and provide almost as much protection as WeatherTech. They even have ponies, Mach E logos, etc.
I'm sure they are, however the Weathertech mats were bday gifts so......

OP
OP

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I think I have those for the driver and passenger seat but just for the floor. Didn't realize they make seat covers too, thanks!

The Pro rubber interior looks great, not sure the vinyl seats would be so great though...

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
My problem with the Ford liners vs the Weathertech is that they don't go behind the gas pedal ?‍♂

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
On the current F-150 you can option the plastic flooring into the XLT trim. Fingers crossed you can do this with the lightning. If not some floor liners are a must. I have the husky brand in my car and I like them. They were considerably cheaper than the weather tech and have held up perfectly over 7 years so far.

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
On the current F-150 you can option the plastic flooring into the XLT trim. Fingers crossed you can do this with the lightning. If not some floor liners are a must. I have the husky brand in my car and I like them. They were considerably cheaper than the weather tech and have held up perfectly over 7 years so far.
you cannot option the vinyl floors on a 302a, just 300 and 301... or at least was the case last I checked.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I have kids, and the perforated holes are ok, if you stay on top of it. Anal as my ex calls it, but then again she accidentally sideswiped the right side off (both doors and rear quarter) of my brand new 2013 SHO against the center post of our carport all while trying to drive the opposite way around an oak tree, so she doesn’t understand vehicle care, leather seat care, much less micro-marring (even though I’ve explained it to her multiple times).

So if you care about your seats, you can keep the leather perf fairly clean by vacuuming them when you wash your truck. If something squishy gets in the holes, then you can let it dry some and then work it out of the leather physically while vacuuming until it all comes out.

I work on roofs and homes, so I get dirty. The leather has always been a resilient option, perforations or not. Vacuum the perforations out when you vacuum the carpet, and you are good. Keep the ex out of the picture, and you are golden.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
"my ex calls it, but then again she accidentally sideswiped the right side off (both doors and rear quarter) of my brand new 2013 SHO against the center post of our carport all while trying to drive the opposite way around an oak tree, so she doesn’t understand vehicle care, leather seat care, much less micro-marring (even though I’ve explained it to her multiple times)."

"Keep the ex out of the picture, and you are golden." :ROFLMAO:

Wives and Ex-Wives, gotta love 'em ?

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
you cannot option the vinyl floors on a 302a, just 300 and 301... or at least was the case last I checked.
I have the 302A and got the vinyl because of the FX4 package
Sponsored