• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's your color choice?

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I originally ordered Iced Blue Silver, because it looked great in the videos. Then I got scared never seeing it in real life and changed to Carbonized Grey, which is the safest color to go with for my taste. I’ve owned Red, white, blue and grey cars similar to carbonized grey.

Now I keep looking at smoked quartz and wonder, should I before it’s too late?
My build week is 6/6 and I switched this past week from Iced Blue Silver to Smoked Quartz. Ultimately I just felt like Iced Blue Silver wasn't blue enough.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Rapid Red for my Lariat. I usually get red vehicles as it's my favourite plus I believe it makes me more visible to others on the road. Also a little more exclusive amongst a sea of white, black and grey/silver cars in this market.
Rapid red was actually a very close second choice after I abandoned the idea of trying to keep antimatter blue clean while parked outside. Then I saw this unflattering video of a rapid red Mustang and thought, "this will be my truck at this point of the year and probably most of the winter. Next!"

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Rapid red was actually a very close second choice after I abandoned the idea of trying to keep antimatter blue clean while parked outside. Then I saw this unflattering video of a rapid red Mustang and thought, "this will be my truck at this point of the year and probably most of the winter. Next!"

Pro tip...Wash the damn car before making a video!!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Smoked quartz, my second choice was Atlas Blue. I’m kind of bummed out that none of the promo vehicles have been smoked quartz.

Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
I’ve been agonizing on color since I ordered in January. I went safe with star white since my last two vehicle were white. I swore off dark colors because they are so hard to keep looking clean, but was so tempted at changing to Smoked quartz.

if it wasn’t for my wife hating “trendy “ colors, and my fear of keeping dark colors clean, I would have picked antimatter blue. I think she wants the truck delivered more than me so I stop commenting on the color of the every F150 we see on the road. 🤣

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
Love black cars, have a midnight blue Polestar 2, so Antimatter Blue seemed to work for me.

Ford F-150 Lightning What's your color choice? A873D995-1EA5-4F1B-9A69-D029CA4B8883

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I went with the Carbonized grey metallic for the same reasons OP mentioned. The hideous grille on the Pro won't stick out like a sore thumb (only grille i really like is platinum). The color also looks very sleek. So if i black out the rims and add some black side graphics, it will all mesh nicely.

I posted in another thread that the grille seems to be bolted on and should be paintable. If you search my posts, i did some photo editing to color match the grille to the car. It looks amazing and idk why ford didn't do it in the first place. If i don't get an aftermarket grille when available, I'm gonna have mine painted to color match the body.

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
I went with antimatter blue, can't second guess myself. It would be too late now anyway lol. I will have it sometime this month (blend date was 4/20).

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Recently went to my dealer to look at a Mach E in Iced Blue Silver and it’s sharp. I was worried about the periwinkle affect some photos have but even with my blue tinted sunglasses it looked good. I was thinking I might need to change it before I saw that 😂.
I'm disappointed that I changed my order from ice blue silver to rapid red. While I like the rapid red, once I actually saw a real vehicle with ice blue silver, I wish I would have left it. Now I can't change it since it's being built this week. Those pictures I saw online were just all over the place and I couldn't trust them.

Sponsored

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
Iced blue Silver , we have plenty iced blue silver Mach E around in the area , it looks stunning under California Sunlight.

It looks very silverish with tad of blue under dimmer environment , however with proper and sufficient sun lights, it looks stunning, very unique color for next generation vehicles.

This image resembles the real color under sun lights quiet well.

Ford F-150 Lightning What's your color choice? 1651546138739

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I'm disappointed that I changed my order from ice blue silver to rapid red. While I like the rapid red, once I actually saw a real vehicle with ice blue silver, I wish I would have left it. Now I can't change it since it's being built this week. Those pictures I saw online were just all over the place and I couldn't trust them.
Dang, that’s bad timing. I do like the red through, nice that it’s a darker shade that will look great with black trims/wheels.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I went with carbonized gray. Current truck is black. Last vehicle was silver. I split the baby this time.

It is a generic color for my generic personality. And, I figured that since changing wheels in an EV affects the range so much, I liked the idea of having stock color-matched wheels from the start.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
I chose Smoked Quartz. I have some glossy black wheels for my Platinum since I’m not the biggest fan of the Platinum wheels. They’ve grown on me but I’m still replacing them.
Sponsored