• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's your color choice?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I was previously considering the Iced Blue Silver color because I thought it was the more elegant color but now I’m planning on Carbonized Gray Metallic. I have pretty much decided on the Lariat trim level. One of the big things that is influencing my body panel color choice is the color of the grille.

The Lariat and the XLT have a gray grille, they also have gray wheels, running boards and bumpers. I have already had four electric vehicles and one thing that I have never liked on my EVs is when they have fake grilles to make the EVs look more like ICE vehicles or, worse yet, like ICE vehicle conversions. The F150L is on no way an ICE conversion but it does use a few parts from the ICE F150.

In my mind, the gray grille makes the F150L look like an EV conversion when the body panel colors are anything but gray. The Carbonized Gray Metallic is the only color that really blends well with the rest of the truck and really makes the statement that this F150 is a true electric vehicle. The Platinum trim level has the same issue but I would choose the Agate Black Metallic since the grille, running boards and bumpers are glossy black.

Not only does it make the statement that the F150L is a true electric vehicle but the coordinated colors just look good. I would go so far as to state that the coordinated colors make the F150L look custom. I think a large percentage of F150L owners that actually order their F150Ls, as opposed to just buying them off of the lot, are going to get coordinated colors.

I keep thinking about a statement I heard many years ago that, “You could buy the Ford Model T in any color you wanted as long as you wanted it in the color black”. Maybe they will start saying the same kind of thing about the colors of the F150L. Maybe in fifty or a hundred years from now people will be saying that the first F150Ls only came in Gray for the Lariat and the XLT trims and only came in Black for the Platinum trim, because so many people will choose coordinated colors when ordering.

What color are you considering and why did you choose that color?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The only color that looks nice on any vehicle is Ruby Red Metallic. With its demise, Rapid Red Metallic takes the top slot. End of discussion.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ice Blue Silver Metallic for my incoming Lariat.

But hate the black interior - way too hot for where I live.

Would love to have a choice for tan/beige interior or oyster white.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Recently went to my dealer to look at a Mach E in Iced Blue Silver and it’s sharp. I was worried about the periwinkle affect some photos have but even with my blue tinted sunglasses it looked good. I was thinking I might need to change it before I saw that 😂.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The only color that looks nice on any vehicle is Ruby Red Metallic. With its demise, Rapid Red Metallic takes the top slot. End of discussion.
I was leaning towards Rapid Red until I picked up my Raptor - don't really want back to back trucks in the same color. Also, the red seems to hide the tailgate light bar.

I considered Atlas blue - great color but it makes the Lightning badging disappear.

Ended up ordering Iced Blue Silver, but wish it was far more blue than it is. Went to see it in person on an Escape and it has a little more blue than many of the pictures show. Going to be adding some vinyl to give it some more color and distinctiveness.

Really wish Ford offered more actual colors for the Lightning (i.e. not white, black, grey, or silver). 2 is not enough (antimatter blue might as well be called black).

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Star white for me. I think it's a less popular color, but that's okay with me. I considered oxford white , but it just makes me think "work truck," and star white has a little sparkle that I think looks nice and a little more upscale. I plan to wrap the grille in gloss black vinyl as I think the matte black looks kind of cheap, but I do agree that it looks most appropriate on carbonized gray. That said, the dark gray wheels on the Lariat and matte black grille make a carbonized gray truck look too "one note" to me.

I have a dark gray Ridgeline right now and it's "fine" but it was a color I settled on so I could fire my Tacoma before it quit on me. I painted the Honda's factory silver wheels black. If I really had my druthers I'd have an antimatter blue Lightning if I could garage it and change the wheels to something brighter. It's a great color but I'd never be able to keep it clean enough in my driveway and I like more contrast in the paint and wheel color.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Atlas Blue for me. I have always liked a deep metallic blue colour. I want to like Antimatter Blue, but from what I have seen, it is just too dark, and looks more black when overcast. And well, we live in Seattle... so... the sky has some issues.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I originally ordered Iced Blue Silver, because it looked great in the videos. Then I got scared never seeing it in real life and changed to Carbonized Grey, which is the safest color to go with for my taste. I’ve owned Red, white, blue and grey cars similar to carbonized grey.

Now I keep looking at smoked quartz and wonder, should I before it’s too late?

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
I was previously considering the Iced Blue Silver color because I thought it was the more elegant color but now I’m planning on Carbonized Gray Metallic. I have pretty much decided on the Lariat trim level. One of the big things that is influencing my body panel color choice is the color of the grille.

The Lariat and the XLT have a gray grille, they also have gray wheels, running boards and bumpers. I have already had four electric vehicles and one thing that I have never liked on my EVs is when they have fake grilles to make the EVs look more like ICE vehicles or, worse yet, like ICE vehicle conversions. The F150L is on no way an ICE conversion but it does use a few parts from the ICE F150.

In my mind, the gray grille makes the F150L look like an EV conversion when the body panel colors are anything but gray. The Carbonized Gray Metallic is the only color that really blends well with the rest of the truck and really makes the statement that this F150 is a true electric vehicle. The Platinum trim level has the same issue but I would choose the Agate Black Metallic since the grille, running boards and bumpers are glossy black.

Not only does it make the statement that the F150L is a true electric vehicle but the coordinated colors just look good. I would go so far as to state that the coordinated colors make the F150L look custom. I think a large percentage of F150L owners that actually order their F150Ls, as opposed to just buying them off of the lot, are going to get coordinated colors.

I keep thinking about a statement I heard many years ago that, “You could buy the Ford Model T in any color you wanted as long as you wanted it in the color black”. Maybe they will start saying the same kind of thing about the colors of the F150L. Maybe in fifty or a hundred years from now people will be saying that the first F150Ls only came in Gray for the Lariat and the XLT trims and only came in Black for the Platinum trim, because so many people will choose coordinated colors when ordering.

What color are you considering and why did you choose that color?
not sure i follow, but lariat wheels, semi-matte grill, running boards, etc. together give you that coordination you'd need, allowing most colors to look well thought out. platinum on other hand, all over the place.

last two lariats were both dark greys/leadfoot sport packages so i certainly get the appeal. but there can be such a thing as too coordinated.

i went with a color that best accentuated the trucks most defining feature, the grill and lightbar. making the badging more subtle was a bonus.

that it could be called 'ford blue' and most wouldn't think to question it, made atlas blue the choice.

Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Antimatter Blue is pretty damn cool.

But it often does just look black, even up close.

My real concern is how bad the ones in dealers lot looked during pollen season. I don't keep my trucks clean.

I'll be getting carbonized grey though.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I went with silver, I usually go with white and wanted something different but didn't want to go too dark since it'll be outside a fair amount.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I think I am one of the very few getting stone gray. I think it’s going to look sharp on my Pro though, and I always feel like blues and reds look dated very quickly

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Rapid Red for my Lariat. I usually get red vehicles as it's my favourite plus I believe it makes me more visible to others on the road. Also a little more exclusive amongst a sea of white, black and grey/silver cars in this market.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Rapid Red for my Lariat. I usually get red vehicles as it's my favourite plus I believe it makes me more visible to others on the road. Also a little more exclusive amongst a sea of white, black and grey/silver cars in this market.
If only they offered Race Red!
Sponsored