• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Iphone/Bluetooth/Sync Issue

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I'm not a big fan of Apple Car play, so I typically just connect my iPhone to bluetooth(Sync) for calls and Amazon music. Lately I've noticed when I make or take a call using Sync, the audio will play through my speakers for a few seconds, and then kick the call to my phone's "speaker". Essentially Sync is dropping the audio for some reason. Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so how did you resolve it? Thanks
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I'm not a huge car play fan either, but I use it.

OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not a huge car play fan either, but I use it.
I don't like the GPS on the display. I have my phone mounted to the left of it which is easier for me to look at while driving.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I don't like the GPS on the display. I have my phone mounted to the left of it which is easier for me to look at while driving.
I don't like how I may be listening to XM, but if I get a text it flashes over to car play, then returns. I also don't like how if I want to shazam a tune, I can't if my phone is connected (I'm sure there is a setting I can tweak).
Overall the integration is nice, but it wouldn't be a selling point on a car.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I'm on the Android side, but I've had what might be the same or related issue:

When I make or receive a call, the Bluetooth will "glitch out" and either give me no sound, or broken sound. But if I use the phone to toggle back to the phone's speaker, then back to BT, then it's fine.

I saw recently in a video from @Aminorjourney that there are apparently some known issues with the Bluetooth, with an update coming to resolve. In their case, it was not related to calls, but instead related to the communications between the truck and the whole home backup system. But I'm hoping that it's all one problem.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm on the Android side, but I've had what might be the same or related issue:

When I make or receive a call, the Bluetooth will "glitch out" and either give me no sound, or broken sound. But if I use the phone to toggle back to the phone's speaker, then back to BT, then it's fine.

I saw recently in a video from @Aminorjourney that there are apparently some known issues with the Bluetooth, with an update coming to resolve. In their case, it was not related to calls, but instead related to the communications between the truck and the whole home backup system. But I'm hoping that it's all one problem.
Thank you for the info Harold. It's pretty frustrating when hands free isn't truly hands free, so hopefully Ford pushes the fix soon.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm not a big fan of Apple Car play, so I typically just connect my iPhone to bluetooth(Sync) for calls and Amazon music. Lately I've noticed when I make or take a call using Sync, the audio will play through my speakers for a few seconds, and then kick the call to my phone's "speaker". Essentially Sync is dropping the audio for some reason. Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so how did you resolve it? Thanks
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your CarPlay concerns on my end.

OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your CarPlay concerns on my end.
The issue isn't with Carplay, it seems to be with Sync. It appears a software push is whats required. I really don't want to take it to the dealer over something this minor, but I appreciate you reaching out!

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I'm running the latest Android on a Pixel 5A and have the same problem with calls. Switching from sync to phone and back using the touchscreen on the dash fixes it everytime.

Wesley

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford raptor
Occupation
Retired
And I have tried everything I can think of to get Apple Car Play to work. Have deleted the truck from the phone and the phone from the truck and tried to reconnect but it will not work. Also having the same problem with phone, gets garbled and if I go to phone and back it works. Also it just hangs up some times.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And I have tried everything I can think of to get Apple Car Play to work. Have deleted the truck from the phone and the phone from the truck and tried to reconnect but it will not work. Also having the same problem with phone, gets garbled and if I go to phone and back it works. Also it just hangs up some times.

When you are trying to connect to Apple Car play, are you using a cord or are you going wireless?

Wesley

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford raptor
Occupation
Retired
When you are trying to connect to Apple Car play, are you using a cord or are you going wireless?
When I first got our lightning we were able to attach wirelessly. I can no longer attach and when I try via USB it also doesn't work. Same message.

OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I first got our lightning we were able to attach wirelessly. I can no longer attach and when I try via USB it also doesn't work. Same message.
I'd have a dealer look at next time you are in. Are your software updates current?

Marty80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ Lightning Platinum
Did you manage to have the issue fixed? 3 times out of 4, when i start the truck and Apple Carplay connects wireless, i am seeing audio playing (on Spotify for instance) but no sound coming out of the speakers even tho volume is at 8-10 or so! Tried turning off the truck and back on but same situation…pretty frustrating!
Sponsored