• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

is co-pilot 360 active and blue Cruise the same except for the eyeball monitoring

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
as the title says, is the co-pilot 360 active and the blue Cruise basically the same except for the fact that blue Cruise monitors your eyeballs and co-pilot 360 active needs your hand on steering wheel.

what I'm really wondering about is driving on the highway, does co-pilot 360 active do the same thing as far as keeping you in the center of the lane
Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
Co-pilot 360 isnā€™t in the manual, I think they just call that lane centering now. From my limited experience, lane centering and bluecruise are very similar other than one is hands free.

I havenā€™t been overly impressed with bluecruise. Iā€™ve never got more than about 5 miles without it kicking out and going back to lane keep assist. I had lane keep assist on two Acuraā€™s and it was much more forgiving. Itā€˜s like Fords is too good, and because it needs so little input from the driver it thinks youre hands arenā€™t on the wheel and nags you. To avoid the ā€œput your hands on the wheelā€ alert I feel like I have to constantly fight the assist.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
as the title says, is the co-pilot 360 active and the blue Cruise basically the same except for the fact that blue Cruise monitors your eyeballs and co-pilot 360 active needs your hand on steering wheel.

what I'm really wondering about is driving on the highway, does co-pilot 360 active do the same thing as far as keeping you in the center of the lane
The big problem is terminology. BlueCruise USED TO MEAN hands-free. Then Ford renamed a bunch of stuff.

In short, the difference between the hands-free mode, and the non-hands-free mode, is, well, hands-free.

Once installed, hands-free capability means that the car will be watching your eyes whenever you are using the Adaptive Cruise Control, i.e. you need to be looking forward whether you are in hands-free mode or not.

I've used BlueCruise on over 1,200 miles of driving and think it's very good.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, you can go Hands free with Co-Pilot 360 but will be promoted to put your hands on the steering every so often. BluesClues is completely hands free as long as you are paying attention.

360 = Autopilot
BlusClues = FSD Beta

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
how in depth is the hands free? Is it just generally making sure your head is straight or can it monitor your eyes with dark sunglasses?

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
how in depth is the hands free? Is it just generally making sure your head is straight or can it monitor your eyes with dark sunglasses?
It is eye tracking, but it uses IR so sunglasses are no problem.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
It just needs to see one eye. So there is a bit of leeway if you tend to look at your surroundings while driving. I tend to do that and will get a "ding" of my eyes wander too long.

In the Mach E that nanny is located on top of the steering column below the instrument cluster. An annoying location, IMHO. I tend to rest my hand on top of the wheel and this blocks the nanny and I get another "ding". The lightning appears to be on the A pillar and near the center screen so this may not be an issue then.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
It does work with dark sunglasses, and I believe itā€™s monitoring your eyes.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It does work with dark sunglasses, and I believe itā€™s monitoring your eyes.
In the Out of Spec range test video Kyle has Blue Cruise on and it dings at him nearly constantly. To be fair, he explains he does not wear sunglasses and it was extremely bright(he could have been closing his eyes a bit due to sun). Also, he was running a camera, a cell phone and other items making the video so it is possible he looked away from the road a bit more than the system wanted him to.

As he went along with the test it got better--less intrusive...

Sponsored
OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
but besides the eye monitoring versus keeping your hand on the wheel is everything that the car manages the same. I.e does it keep you in the center of the lane in the exact same way?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
but besides the eye monitoring versus keeping your hand on the wheel is everything that the car manages the same. I.e does it keep you in the center of the lane in the exact same way?
I think so..everything i have seen gives me that impression. The system switches between blue cruise and ",hands on" system intermittently as the road becomes available for bluecruise.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
360 = Autopilot
BlusClues = FSD Beta
Is that a reasonable comparison? I didn't think BlueCruise could stop at stop lights and go when green, make turns, enter / exit the freeway by itself, and other things that FSD beta can do?