• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jim Farley on Cybertruck: "I make trucks for real people who do real work, and that's a different kind of truck."

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
And they (as do all EVs) use American fuel. That's a huge deal considering how much of $ spent on each tank of gas goes straight to the Middle East.
Not as much as some would lead us to believe. I would say somewhere between ten and twenty percent. The majority of that tank probably from Alaska and off shore crude.
Good crude and not so good crude are mixed in percentages before refining. Complete and open the Keystone pipeline the percent from middle east would go down.
Sponsored

Zap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge
Not as much as some would lead us to believe. I would say somewhere between ten and twenty percent. The majority of that tank probably from Alaska and off shore crude.
Good crude and not so good crude are mixed in percentages before refining. Complete and open the Keystone pipeline the percent from middle east would go down.
Did you include the refinement costs in your estimate? Check who owns the largest US refinery. Don't want to get into a back and forth on this, just saying EVs use an American fuel and ICE vehicles do not.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
My estimate was where the crude comes from in that tank of gas.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
When I get asked about towing, I say it will meet EVERY tow and hauling scenarios I have encountered in the last 15 years of driving high end trucks.

I have never towed, and the most I haul is two kegs of beer :ROFLMAO:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When I get asked about towing, I say it will meet EVERY tow and hauling scenarios I have encountered in the last 15 years of driving high end trucks.

I have never towed, and the most I haul is two kegs of beer :ROFLMAO:
The next time you’re hauling kegs, let us know…..sounds like a perfect “Meet & greet”! 😄

Sponsored

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
Has anyone seen the new Silverado 4WT work truck?

Reminds me of my 2007 GMC work truck when it was new.

You know it is a work truck, but is really cool for the time (era built)...

WORK TRUCK!

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
The next time you’re hauling kegs, let us know…..sounds like a perfect “Meet & greet”! 😄
Might want to start heading down to San Antonio now...I expect to haul one keg of Blue Moon this weekend :ROFLMAO:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Might want to start heading down to San Antonio now...I expect to haul one keg of Blue Moon this weekend :ROFLMAO:
Darned, we’re hosting relatives this weekend. Enjoy!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
This is another interesting interview with Farley. Three weeks old so sorry if it is already posted somewhere. I didn’t know about his background. A few tidbits about car history that was interesting too.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
The Cybertruck is a “look at me” design that will lose its appeal when you see them all over the place.
The Cybertruck is a "fashion statement" for environmentalists, ust like the Prius. they are deliberately ugly but scream "I'm Green!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
This is another interesting interview with Farley. Three weeks old so sorry if it is already posted somewhere. I didn’t know about his background. A few tidbits about car history that was interesting too.

If you don't watch the whole video, do yourselves a favor and watch the section about software, starting at 24:30. And also from 41:30 on when he explains about how the Lightning came about. Fascinating.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Jim Farley on Cybertruck: "I make trucks for real people who do real work, and that's a different kind of truck."

Respectfully, I believe Mr. Farley owes a sincere apology to all of the real men and women who do real work each day to make real trucks for real people. His statement is a disappointing disservice to them. I sincerely doubt he has ever installed one bolt, terminated one wire, or written one line of code, much less ever "made" a truck. I sincerely appreciate all of the real people who designed, manufactured, assembled, tested, transported, and serviced my truck.
Sponsored