• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price adjustment on my 2023 Lariat

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I bought my 2023 Lariat ER in July and my dealer got me a price adjustment today. Big shout out to Bickford Ford in Snohomish, Washington (Seattle area) for pursuing this for me.

I was able to get in on the short window of 0% Ford financing for 36 months in July. The deal ended on July 5th, and I didn't have my truck yet but it was in transit, so the dealer let me purchase the truck before it arrived to take advantage of the financing. Thought the 0% was better than paying cash for the truck. I took delivery of the truck on July 12th and we know what happened 5 days later, they dropped the price of the Lariat $8500. The dealer didn't know it was coming, and I didn't either as I had ordered the truck back in February.

I called the dealer to complain, thinking I was stuck. They gave me the number of the Ford Customer Service to call. Ford of course told me it was between me and the dealer. I called the dealer back and told them what Ford had said and it took some time but they contacted Ford and worked out an "exception" to get me the $8500 adjustment. I had to agree to pay off the 0% loan for the adjustment, but the adjustment is better than the interest I will make; and another benefit is that the adjustment will be me below $80K so I should be able to take advantage of the tax credit of $7500. It took a couple of months with the dealer and Ford to work the whole thing out, but today I went in and paid off the loan and got the lower price.

Ford's pricing is all over, seeing today that a 2024 will be $9595 more. It's like the stock market and knowing when to buy.

I have not bought a vehicle from Bickford Ford before and assumed they would just tell me they couldn't do anything, but they surprised me by going the extra distance to work with Ford to get the adjustment and provide customer satisfaction.
Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
That is awesome !

However, tax credit might still be an issue depending on:
A) if you get audited I suppose and/or
B) what your window sticker says, check it at :https://windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FT6Wxxxxxxxxxxxx (replace the vin in the URL with your vin#)

As far as I understand it's what the MSRP was (excl. delivery and destination fees), and that any subsequent deals or discounts doesn't matter.

In other words, you shouldn't be able to buy a fully loaded Porsche Tycan for 79,999.99 and pay $80K for paint protection so that you still qualify for the credit.

OP
OP

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
That is awesome !

However, tax credit might still be an issue depending on:
A) if you get audited I suppose and/or
B) what your window sticker says, check it at :https://windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FT6Wxxxxxxxxxxxx (replace the vin in the URL with your vin#)

As far as I understand it's what the MSRP was (excl. delivery and destination fees), and that any subsequent deals or discounts doesn't matter.

In other words, you shouldn't be able to buy a fully loaded Porsche Tycan for 79,999.99 and pay $80K for paint protection so that you still qualify for the credit.
The dealer printed out a new window sticker from Ford that shows the new price that is below the $80K price. And Ford moved my purchase date a week later than when they dropped the price.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
The dealer printed out a new window sticker from Ford that shows the new price that is below the $80K price. And Ford moved my purchase date a week later than when they dropped the price.
Sweet ! Then you're all set, Congrats !

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Now THIS is how customer service should work!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Let your dealer know I'll be contacting them for my next purchase. Wow! That's how you earn customer loyalty. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored