• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
FB_IMG_1655256878194.jpg
We just leveled one with 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino wheels using Readylift 2"standard kit with no preload spacers. I don't believe you can go any larger than stock without the level. With the level and no cutting or removing intrusion bars we were close but had no scrubbing when using our standard QC process. Driving feel and ride did not change.
An interesting note is the tire/wheel combo weights. Factory assy was 73 lbs. Our custom assy was a whopping 98 lbs. We basically added 100 lbs of non sprung weight.
Shock assy from the Lightning appeared exact same length as a stock assy when we compared them. As expected the coils did appear beefier but had the same number of twists.
We also accomplished speedometer calibration using a Hypertech in line calibrator. Installation was no different than any other previous ICE build and was verified accurate. We really like this calibrator because it causes absolutely zero issues with normal PCM programming. That is a big plus if you ever have to bring truck in for programming of any module. Stand alone programmers almost always cause problems with the IDS and FDRS software that Ford Technicians use.
Range test before build has already been posted to Town and Country TV on You Tube. Mitchell will be posting the complete build and range test post build as soon as video production is complete. We will also be installing a bed cover and performing a range test then as well.
FB_IMG_1655256878194.jpg
20220614_164146.jpg
20220614_154813.jpg
20220614_145020.jpg
20220614_144927.jpg
What’s the offset on those wheels? Looks great! I’m swapping my wheels out, installing a retrax power xr cover and bed rug on Friday.
Sponsored

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Typically front gets raised, but I would also love to drop the rear instead.
@PV2EV

Dropping the rear (as I understand it) is much more involved/complicated, compared to raising the front. And I would think decreases your payload too? By just giving the bed less room to travel down in compression, before risking tire rub.

I generally prefer a level stance (front raised or back lowered are both better, IMO), but I much prefer the front raised- one of my favorite aspects of my current F150 is the ride height. For me, I feel like I can just see everything around me so much better. I'm always twitchy and nervous driving anything lower, like our Outback 🤷😎

This is my 2014 with the same 2" front level pucks installed (and on new 33" KO2s)

Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning PXL_20220611_213514868~2

Last edited:

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I think I'm in the minority and love a lowered truck!

I also only use the trucked bed for heavy lifting (double/triple door commercial freezers) a few times a year, and never tow, so I'm not affected by any of the shortcomings from lowering it.

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I think I'm in the minority and love a lowered truck!

I also only use the trucked bed for heavy lifting (double/triple door commercial freezers) a few times a year, and never tow, so I'm not affected by any of the shortcomings from lowering it.
I also prefer to lower. usually use 2" drop shackles on older trucks. seems like will need new springs for lightning.

Sponsored

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Yikes, looks like a 10-15% hit. Although those wheels/tires are also ~30% heavier than OEM

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, 2021 GT500, 2017 Focus RS
Occupation
Sales
Did you use the Hypertech 730125? If so, which engine did you program for?
Sponsored