• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning tires and range

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I won't & can't change the tires as that might disqualify my truck from the state of Mass Mor-EV-Truck rebate, they require the vehicle remain in it's stock configuration, it's subject to review/inspection during the 4 compliance monitoring period.
Does OEM count as stock in your state? More for curiosity if you’d be able to swap in a set
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does OEM count as stock in your state? More for curiosity if you’d be able to swap in a set
I would say that is what they will be looking for if a review occurs, but with the current shortage on AS tires if I had an emergency need to replace them, it might be a problem, so maybe an exemption would be allowed as long as they were as capable as the stock tires.

Barring tire damages, I hope the factory OEM tires will endure the next four years based on my driving history since retiring, the longest trips I make are to the race track, this season I expect ~15 x 212 miles trips plus daily around town driving and a couple holiday trips to southern NH.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I would say that is what they will be looking for if a review occurs, but with the current shortage on AS tires if I had an emergency need to replace them, it might be a problem, so maybe an exemption would be allowed as long as they were as capable as the stock tires.

Barring tire damages, I hope the factory OEM tires will endure the next four years based on my driving history since retiring, the longest trips I make are to the race track, this season I expect ~15 x 212 miles trips plus daily around town driving and a couple holiday trips to southern NH.
That’s really interesting. I’m guessing they’ll match generally tire wear and mileage too. Do they ask for your window sticker to see which wheel/tire combo it came with?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That’s really interesting. I’m guessing they’ll match generally tire wear and mileage too. Do they ask for your window sticker to see which wheel/tire combo it came with?
Yes, they ask for the factory build sheet describing the base and optional features of the ordered truck, they also ask for the MCO which shows the GVWR to ensure it's a qualifying vehicles, trust me they sort out a bunch of folks attempting to get the credit for trucks that are marginally under the GVWR, ie. all terrain tires ruin the qualification, though this time of year it would be better to ride on those if the snow were to become substantial, but lucky me so far it's been a mild & wet winter.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Yes, they ask for the factory build sheet describing the base and optional features of the ordered truck, they also ask for the MCO which shows the GVWR to ensure it's a qualifying vehicles, trust me they sort out a bunch of folks attempting to get the credit for trucks that are marginally under the GVWR, ie. all terrain tires ruin the qualification, though this time of year it would be better to ride on those if the snow were to become substantial, but lucky me so far it's been a mild & wet winter.
Remind me not to move to NH….

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired