• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning range fail

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Any EV with LVB issues should still be able to be 'jumped' though. I carry a jump kit in the frunk of my Model 3 so if it dies I can use a 9V battery to pop the lid and jump it. I've done it once before.
Which jump kit do you use to open frunk with 9v? Do you have a video? I already own a portable battery jumper for LVB
Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Which jump kit do you use to open frunk with 9v? Do you have a video? I already own a portable battery jumper for LVB
I think he's saying he used a 9v battery to pop the hood on the Tesla's. I don't think they have a mechanical latch and use a 9v as emergency backup. I know my keypad on my deadbolt at hone is that way

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Plug a trickle charger into the outlet and charge that shit up while driving! 😂
Any reason that a frunk battery maintainer could not do this while off, or while running?

Sponsored

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I think he's saying he used a 9v battery to pop the hood on the Tesla's. I don't think they have a mechanical latch and use a 9v as emergency backup. I know my keypad on my deadbolt at hone is that way
Yep.

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
Dealer just called. Said they had a engineer from Ford who came out and they supposedly have it fixed. Said the negative cable in the 12 volt battery was loose. I guess I’ll have to drive it real low again to make sure.
Hmm! Thx for posting, good nothing on the HVB.

Guess its time for all of us to pop the cover and check the terminals on the 12v.

Had to do this on the Mach-E so not a surprise.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
interesting conclusion to a VERY SIMILAR story today:

my son's LEAF, a 2014, started exhibiting some very strange behaviors the other week. Brake light 'warning' icon lit up. 'Alert' warning icon lit up another time. Both lit up later. He was still driving it for those several times, but asked me, his father, what I thought it could be - he 'assumed' the dummy lights were telling him something 'accurate'.... I started to believe otherwise when he then relayed that the next day the car would not even go to the 'ON' position, and the 'gear' would not operate.

It's a 12v battery thing, I told him.

He, too, like most of us, didn't believe me, at first.

A new 12v battery solved all of the problems.

Yes, it can't be 'that' simple. But, it is.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I, therefore, will carry an extra 12v battery in my NEW F150 Lightning! : )

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Just get one of these portable solar battery tenders and mount it to your dash or roof. You'll never have to worry about it doing dead again :)

Comes with strog suction cups, but I'd go with color-matched duct tape to make it look professional.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning range fail 20220722_211648

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Hmmm. That doesn't sound like a low range issue, but more like a 12V battery issue. Multiple tests have taken Lightning down to 0% (or below). Not turning on is a 12V issue as you don't need the HVB to shift into emergency tow mode.
Looks like there is instrumentation to catch 12V battery issues - IF that's what this was?
Sponsored