• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Just watched this on YouTube and posted this comment there.

You left out THREE of my favorite F-150 cargo spaces.

1. The space under the F-150 back seat is pretty big, not to mention the space when the back seat is folded up.

2. The space in the F-150 center console is HUGE... it's as big as a small file cabinet with actual hanging file rails, so it's as wide enough and deep enough for hanging letter sized PendaFlex files. Rivian's center space is tiny.

3. F-150 has TWO glove compartments. The top one is smaller, but Rivian doesn't have ANY glove compartments. I'm taking delivery of my Lightning next week... but I should point out that those spaces are the same in my old ICE version too.
Alex’s videos are very good and worth to watch, but he is a little biased against Lightning.

Also, Rivian is not for tall/large people.
Sponsored

Last edited:

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Alex’s videos are very good and worth to watch, but he is a little biased against Lightning.

Also, Rivian is not for tall/large people.
The Rivian is definitely a great truck, but to me it misses all the things I’ve come to love about the F-150.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
obvi agree, and to add: some reports I’ve seen from Rivian folks suggests that gear tunnel can be pretty awkward storage. The kitchen and similar pull out accessories is intriguing, but as a cargo hold it seems a bit of a forced idea.

wonder what @MNLightning thinks
I agree with you guys. Like a lot of Rivian things it's cute but not super functional for me. For duffle bags, tool bags it works well but I prefer using the bed of the truck over the gear tunnel. A slide out on each side might help but the opening is really pretty limited.

The Ford outscores the R1T for me in all areas minus HP, Efficiency , Size. The interior storage in the R1T is laughable in comparison. But I sold my lightning because of the Size & Efficiency. I'll most likely be back in a Ford once the range increases.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
But I sold my lightning because of the Size & Efficiency
Size and efficiency are related! (Though so too are weight and efficiency.)

I’m curious, though: I didn’t think the Rivian’s advertised range was that much different from the Lightning?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Size and efficiency are related! (Though so too are weight and efficiency.)

I’m curious, though: I didn’t think the Rivian’s advertised range was that much different from the Lightning?
Oh, I just saw your reply in the other thread - interesting your experience there. Feels like I’ve seen some contrary opinions from other Rivian drivers.

That said, curious whichtires you have on yours? Car and Driver reported a nearly 30% (if I remember correctly) range reduction when they changed from stock four season to the AT stock tires

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
But I sold my lightning because of the Size & Efficiency. I'll most likely be back in a Ford once the range increases.
F150 has a little less range on freeway, otherwise similar right?
Sounds like you need a compact truck, not full size truck.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Oh, I just saw your reply in the other thread - interesting your experience there. Feels like I’ve seen some contrary opinions from other Rivian drivers.

That said, curious whichtires you have on yours? Car and Driver reported a nearly 30% (if I remember correctly) range reduction when they changed from stock four season to the AT stock tires
My R1T is running on the 4s 21’s and easily exceeds the EPA range when in conserve mode (which is front drive only)

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
F150 has a little less range on freeway, otherwise similar right?
Sounds like you need a compact truck, not full size truck.
The R1T is sized between the F150 & Ranger. My experience wasn’t similar as far as range. And had the F150’s range been equal…
Sponsored