• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Locking remote in the truck

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Ford has removed a few features from the Lightning that I have in my Focus Electric (like auto-close and open for the rear seat windows) and I'm wondering if this works or not...

Leaving a key fob in the vehicle disables the touch sense locking, but it is possible to lock a fob in the vehicle using the other fob.

I know this doesn't help the OP with the beach situation, but I'm curious to try this out or hear if someone has.
If you leave the keyfob in the truck and hit the last two keypad buttons after you get out to lock the truck then you'll have to use the keypad or PAAK to get back in.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
the (A) version of the Ford SecuriCode 'wireless' Keypad(for us PROs, or any truck without Remote Start as part of the keyfob) is a very simple addition - it is basically just another 'keyfob', using that same signal/rf, but with a combination entry versus pressing a keyfob button... I also hid mine in the ChargePort door... works just fine.

it will, though, take a trip to your Ford dealer for programming to the truck with FDRS, unless you want to purchase a 2-day pass for Ford's FDRS software and try it yourself. It is not programmable to the truck with FORScan, unfortunately.

$120 for the Keypad
$100 to program

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I know nothing of the SecuriCode Keypads - do they require wiring into the BCM or another module? Or are they RF? What's that setup look like, I'm intrigued.
You can do either. I got one of the RF ones with my fordpass points and then returned it and opted for the wired one and installed it on my Pro. It's a fairly easy install, did it at the same time I added the passive entry handles. I will say that running the wires for the keypad kinda sucked due to how you have to route them, but it isn't so bad. Cheaper than getting the RF one and having it programmed and all that mess too.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My 2011 F-150 had a pillar keypad that could be used to unlock and enter the truck. I often used this feature to lock the keys and the truck when it was inconvenient or more risky to carry them with me, for example, when going to the beach. I felt the risk of losing the keys in the sand or water, or having someone take them from my spot while in the water, was higher than the risk of leaving them hidden in a locked truck.

I'm wondering if this can be done with the remote in the Lightning. The manual states that if the remote remains motionless for more than a minute, it will stop working until a button on it is pushed. So in theory, you should be able to lock it in the truck and have it go to sleep after a minute until you reenter the truck via the keypad and reactivate it.

I've tried playing with this a few times in my driveway with non-conclusive results. Anyone know if this will work?

(Please refrain from long debates on the risks or wisdom of doing this. Each of us has different levels of risk tolerance, it greatly depends on the location of use, etc.. I just want to know if it's possible)
I've had my Lariat for over a year. I put the fob in the center console the day I bought the Truck and I've never touched it since. It works fine. I use the Pillar keypad to unlock and lock the truck. No need to touch the fob. No need to use PAAK.
Sponsored