• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Luxury Tax

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Did you have to request the spare tire be added? Or is it always there?

I have a Lariat ER 511A package and it is supposedly coming with these AT tires. I am worried it will be under. I have TXTed my sales person but they seem clueless.
Mine came with All-season tires. Plus the spare tire. You have to ask them to get the GVWR including the spare tire. With that, mine was approx 23kg over the luxury tax limit. If the vehicle weighs less than 3,856 kg then luxury tax applies. The dealer should have a document that provides the exact specs of your build with the GVWR.

My dealer knew all about it and knew how to 0 it out so I got lucky.
Sponsored

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Mine came with All-season tires. Plus the spare tire. You have to ask them to get the GVWR including the spare tire. With that, mine was approx 23kg over the luxury tax limit. If the vehicle weighs less than 3,856 kg then luxury tax applies. The dealer should have a document that provides the exact specs of your build with the GVWR.

My dealer knew all about it and knew how to 0 it out so I got lucky.
Yeah what I am really worried about is people in this thread are saying AT tires are somehow lighter (maybe rims?) and thus put it under the limit.

I am going to TXT him again... frankly if I need to re-order and wait to save a few thousand dollars I will do that, I am not desperate.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah what I am really worried about is people in this thread are saying AT tires are somehow lighter (maybe rims?) and thus put it under the limit.

I am going to TXT him again... frankly if I need to re-order and wait to save a few thousand dollars I will do that, I am not desperate.
The luxury tax would have been $2400+HST (so stupid, tax on top of tax) = ~$2800. Anyways, if they need assistance have them talk to McAlpine Ford. I bought my truck there. They were pretty knowledgeable but thanks to this forum, I was more. They did try to sneak it in but when I questioned it they said "oh yea, we've done that before". clowns!

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Anyone knows if Canada Luxury Tax will apply to F150 Lightning since the vehicle seems to have a GVWR over the 3,856 kg written in the legislation:

Under subsection 2(1), subject vehicle means a motor vehicle that meets all of the following conditions:

• it is designed or adapted primarily to carry individuals on highways and streets
  • it has a seating capacity of not more than 10 individuals
  • it has a gross vehicle weight rating that is 3,856 kg or less
  • it has a date of manufacture after 2018
  • it is designed to travel with four or more wheels in contact with the ground
I've ordered a Lariat ER and just comes under the weight for ON. Even though it's over $100k

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
We my GVWR is 8550 but apparently I have to get a Black Commercial Plate not a green plate to save the tax.o_O Any advice on that?
Sounds made up to me! The dealer is trying to screw you I think. I'll know more hopefully in 2 weeks when my truck finally shows up, fingers crossed.

Sponsored

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Magnetewan River near Georgian Bay Ontario, Canada
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Ice Blue, 2023 Lightning Star White
Occupation
Retired
Sounds made up to me! The dealer is trying to screw you I think. I'll know more hopefully in 2 weeks when my truck finally shows up, fingers crossed.
No it was real. I demanded the Green Plates and they did it, I said I"d deal with any fall out if it happened, nothing so far. BTW best vehicle I've ever owned except for the wrinkle seats and non heated steering wheel.

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Picked mine up yesterday. Lariat ER 511A.

Pleasant surprise: It DID NOT have AT Tires, as such it was OVER the limit, and no Lux tax!

Unpleasant surprise: Heated steering wheel removed, scales removed, and security removed.

Heated steering wheel is supposedly going to be replaced later this year, but the other two will not. Apparently this is par for the course for 2023 models.
Sponsored