• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maverick as an interim vehicle?

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Since I have no idea if I'll get to order this year or not, and our Porsche SUV that we don't like a whole lot seems to be worth good money right now, and our old Subaru isn't 100% trustworthy, wondering if it might be wise to reserve a Maverick in case I don't get a Lightning anytime soon...

Looks like reservations for the Maverick are closing 1/27. How much do you have to put down to reserve a Maverick? Anyone know how far production is backed up (wondering how long I could sit on that reservation)?

I don't mind waiting for the F150 but if it's going to be 2 years it could be a problem. Buying a car for two years seems dumb, but the Porsche is expensive to maintain and I don't think I trust the Subaru as anything other than a second car.
Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
If I don’t get to order in wave 3, I may cancel my lightning order and order the Mach e. I reserved early and was number 3 at my dealer. I know I was bumped at least one spot and now they tell me I’m 4th on the list. They only have 5 lightnings allocated for my22.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have been considering the same (though a Maverick doesn't really fit my needs for hauling). Also looking for at Raptors - save some resale and have some fun before the Lightning. Only if I can find one on a lot though. Not worth it if you are ordering and waiting (at least for me).

OP
OP

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I have been considering the same (though a Maverick doesn't really fit my needs for hauling). Also looking for at Raptors - save some resale and have some fun before the Lightning. Only if I can find one on a lot though. Not worth it if you are ordering and waiting (at least for me).
Yeah, the waiting is actually OK in this case though. I'll know by March IIRC if I get a lighting for this coming year, right? otherwise I'll have to wait for 2023. And we won't sell the Porsche until the school year is over.

If it's like the Lightning and I just have to put $100 down, I'd totally reserve just to have a place in line. I'm guessing they'll want more to convert. Haven't had time to look into it. Probably not worth the effort.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yeah, the waiting is actually OK in this case though. I'll know by March IIRC if I get a lighting for this coming year, right? otherwise I'll have to wait for 2023. And we won't sell the Porsche until the school year is over.

If it's like the Lightning and I just have to put $100 down, I'd totally reserve just to have a place in line. I'm guessing they'll want more to convert. Haven't had time to look into it. Probably not worth the effort.
Ford has closed all orders for 2022 Mavericks, so it would be a wait until 2023

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If I don’t get to order in wave 3, I may cancel my lightning order and order the Mach e. I reserved early and was number 3 at my dealer. I know I was bumped at least one spot and now they tell me I’m 4th on the list. They only have 5 lightnings allocated for my22.
Yah, I am looking at the Mach E too.

Don't have a reservation for the MME but are they ramping up deliveries now that I see they are more and more on the road ?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Don't have a reservation for the MME but are they ramping up deliveries now that I see they are more and more on the road ?
No more reservations for the Mach-e - you just order. They are ramping as fast as they can, but wait times are still long.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Get an XLT Powerboost, you might not want the Lightning after. See if you can get a Ford Private Offer for more of a discount

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT

For my sake I hope they are. However, when I ordered last week they were still citing 20 weeks for Select and 28+ weeks for everything else.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Get an XLT Powerboost, you might not want the Lightning after. See if you can get a Ford Private Offer for more of a discount
Any tips or tricks for getting a private offer?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
OP
OP

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I didn't order the Maverick. Looks like a great car, but it's smaller than I'd want and one with the driver assist features that I want for road trips came out to 37k before taxes. Hrm. I'll check out the powerboost though.
Sponsored