• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Minor gap between dash and gauge cluster trim

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Admittedly this is a nitpick, but I'm still in the honeymoon stage and not the 'don't give a shit' stage yet.

There is a relatively small gap (pictured) between the left side of the dash top and the gauge cluster trim. With the right angle you can see into the gap. The right side is tight.

Anyone know if there is any easy and safe way to align these parts without too much risk of breaking clips or making things worse?
Ford F-150 Lightning Minor gap between dash and gauge cluster trim dash-ga
Sponsored

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine has the same only a little larger, I can see a small wire in there I think. I saw the exactly same thing in two YouTube reviewer’s closeups and the demo one in my store as well as a Munro video.
I think it’s a design flaw, there seems to be no clip under there, and the trim is flexible.

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine has the same only a little larger, I can see a small wire in there I think. I saw the exactly same thing in two YouTube reviewer’s closeups and the demo one in my store as well as a Munro video.
I think it’s a design flaw, there seems to be no clip under there, and the trim is flexible.
It's not the worst thing in the world, but I don't understand why Ford doesn't get this kind of thing right when a 25K honda civic has a perfect interior. I really want to be a fan, and overall I like the Lightning, but there is a level of refinement that is not quite where an 80K vehicle should be.

Ford gives the dealer 9% to sell the truck, but they take every opportunity to cut a dollar out of any place they think you won't notice.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I have that problem too! @FordMotorCompany responded to me at the time, but I only just got it it into the dealer this week. So I'll have to see what they have to say.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Mine has been the same since day 1. It’s not awesome but in past experiences with other cars, once the dealership starts tearing the dash apart, noises suddenly appear 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine has been the same since day 1. It’s not awesome but in past experiences with other cars, once the dealership starts tearing the dash apart, noises suddenly appear 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah I'm not going to bother the dealer unless someone here says it was easily fixed.

I do have a few other relatively minor things I want them to look at.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Also have the gap. Waiting to see if the dealer can address when I take it in for its 10k service.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Also have the gap. Waiting to see if the dealer can address when I take it in for its 10k service.
Let me know! My dealer said there was nothing they could do, and @Ford Motor Company (the contact the account gave me here) was no help when they asked about it.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I noticed it a few days ago when it was really hot out, and it really expanded. However since it got colder, I don't see it as much.

Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I never noticed it before but can see it now that it has been pointed out :ROFLMAO:

SnapCrackle

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Has anyone gotten them to fix this yet? I just took mine in and they told me it was fixed, however, when I got the truck back, nothing had changed. Just like @jmc6020 I didn't notice it for a long time, but now that I see it, it really bothers me :LOL:.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Has anyone gotten them to fix this yet? I just took mine in and they told me it was fixed, however, when I got the truck back, nothing had changed. Just like @jmc6020 I didn't notice it for a long time, but now that I see it, it really bothers me :LOL:.
My service department told me there was nothing they could do, it is just a defective design. So I've had to live with it :/

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I also have this gap. Took me a second to find this topic. Didn't want to start another thread if one existed. Sitting at a dealership now for a recall. Doubt I will say anything because it doesn't seem like there is a fix at all. Rather them not mess something up and waste my time.
Sponsored