• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
LOVE it. Certainly the look is more in the spirit of the legacy Lightning models.

Maybe lose the running boards.

Last edited:

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Love it! Want to know who lowered it.
I will be lowering soon as a kit is available.
Amazing that 22s donā€™t look big on this truck

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I donā€™t know about anyone else. But Iā€™m getting sick and tired of seeing all these lowered lightnings.

If youā€™re going to show me one and get me all worked up, then at least sell me the parts for me to do the same.

With the amount of teasing, they shouldā€™ve named this division Ford Blue instead.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Eh, @sotek2345 's graphics are better.

The one on the tailgate looks like a "tramp stamp" tattoo.

And there's just something too visually bulky about the front of this truck to pull off the lowered look. Or the wheels aren't the right specs/offset or something.

Doesn't work, IMO.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

And there's just something too visually bulky about the front of this truck to pull off the lowered look. Or the wheels aren't the right specs/offset or something.

Doesn't work, IMO.
Thanks!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Doesn't work, IMO.
Itā€™s the fenders. The ICE F-150 looks great lowered IMO. Apparently Ford messed with the fenders on the Lightning for aero purposes.

The wheels are conservative but Iā€™m sure the range doesnā€™t take a big hit because of that.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Itā€™s the fenders. The ICE F-150 looks great lowered IMO. Apparently Ford messed with the fenders on the Lightning for aero purposes.

The wheels are conservative but Iā€™m sure the range doesnā€™t take a big hit because of that.
Interesting theory. Definitely could be the fenders. I think the ā€œgrillā€ adds a lot of visual weight to the front, too. And yeah, the wheels arenā€™t THAT aggressive with the offset and the overall diameter could maybe be bigger. Probably could be substantially better with a few tweaks.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Doesn't work, IMO.
I agree. I will say though, I do really like just the side graphics coming off the charge port.

Sponsored

tidemacedo

First Name
Aristides
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
I saw it there. Actually the same company has a off-road one ready for camping that was way cooler than this one.

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning

Doesn't work, IMO.
Respectfully disagree, I think every automobile ever looks good lowered. I will say the wheels on this truck look off. Either too small or wrong offset. Hard to imagine a 22 is too small. Soon as a lowering kit comes out we will see which wheel size/offset looks good. My plan from begining has been to lower mine and put 22s on it. This truck makes me think 24 might be better though

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Respectfully disagree, I think every automobile ever looks good lowered. I will say the wheels on this truck look off. Either too small or wrong offset. Hard to imagine a 22 is too small. Soon as a lowering kit comes out we will see which wheel size/offset looks good. My plan from begining has been to lower mine and put 22s on it. This truck makes me think 24 might be better though
I think it *could* look good lowered, but there are several things that make this particular one not pull it off. I agree on the wheels. Too small in some way, maybe just overall diameter rather than actual wheel diameter, or something, and the offset seems conservative. And reduce the visual bulk of the front end somehow, IMO.
Sponsored