• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

mdarcy002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too Many
Yeah, I would like to know if you tinted read lights and how it looks.

Is the front bar light tinted in the night time charging pics? @mdarcy002
I didn't tint the rear light. I only tinted the front light bar because it looked out of place to me in frost white.
Yes, the front light was tinted in the charging picture.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Lightbar tint looks great, really makes a huge difference.

Were they able to get the corners and angles nice?

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I didn't tint the rear light. I only tinted the front light bar because it looked out of place to me in frost white.
Yes, the front light was tinted in the charging picture.
When you have a chance, would you mind posting a couple photos of the side profile of the truck?
I’ve got my leveling kit in and am struggling on offset for my wheels, looking at a set of methods 17x8.5 don’t know if a 0 offset or +25 would be better. Sounds like a 0 would hurt range as you suggested. I believe you said the raptor wheels are +34 so even 25 may be pushing it with aero and clearance.

Sorry for being long winded. Thanks in advance

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
My biggest knock on my Antimatter Blue Lightning is the white light bar - to me it looks especially cheap during the day against the dark paint (I’m not as opposed to it on the lighter colors). Either way I’m hoping the shop I go to for my front window tint will be able to do it too.

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
PM Sent @mdarcy002

Any updates on range change?

Sponsored

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
Can we get an update on real world highway range with the 37’s?

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
The 37” 2022 Raptor wheels/tires are said to weight in at around 101lbs where the stock lariat wheels are 74lbs. That’s over 100lbs of added total rolling weight so I can’t imagine the difference is anything other than significant. Hoping that isn’t the case though. 🙏🏻 Love this look!

OP
OP

mdarcy002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too Many
The 37” 2022 Raptor wheels/tires are said to weight in at around 101lbs where the stock lariat wheels are 74lbs. That’s over 100lbs of added total rolling weight so I can’t imagine the difference is anything other than significant. Hoping that isn’t the case though. 🙏🏻 Love this look!
Remember these are "37" wheels with the 35" tires, not 37" tires. They're only like 1" taller.

Before I swapped the wheels and tires, my miles per/kw in my area, with hilly city driving, and with the current hot summer heat, was 2.0mi/kw. I reset my Trip 2 the day I swapped the wheels and tires, and it fluctuates back and forth between 1.8-1.9 mi/kw now. Also, that is with an uncorrected speedometer. The computer thinks it's using more energy over less distance than it really is. I get 2.0-2.1 on days when I'm not heavily using the AC, and it's not hot out so the extra battery coolers aren't going. Since new, my Trip 1 hasn't changed from 2.0 mi/kw.

Last edited:

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Awesome, time to start looking for some wheels/tires it seems. Thanks a million for the info!

Sponsored

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
@mdarcy002 Any chance you could tell me how high this truck is from ground to the top of the roof antennas? I am worried about this same setup clearing my garage.
Sponsored