• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Motor/road noise

Typoman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Both I and my co-driver/friend noticed a road noise like a motor noise that was louder than my first lightning. Anyway this afternoon I plugged in my truck and was looking through my dashboard and that there was a switch in settings for.. pardon my memory. It was for some type of road noise like engine noise or something like that. I had read that Ford was getting ready to send down a program that that major electric vehicle sound like rumbles vroom in the Corvette next to you.
Anyway I was home for the day and plugged in to start charging in the morning and so I went no further but this truck was definitely noisier than my standard battery lariat, anyway I love both trucks but needed range.
Is anybody interested to know whether there is a lesser amount of perceived road noise with the switch in the off position?
Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
Both I and my co-driver/friend noticed a road noise like a motor noise that was louder than my first lightning. Anyway this afternoon I plugged in my truck and was looking through my dashboard and that there was a switch in settings for.. pardon my memory. It was for some type of road noise like engine noise or something like that. I had read that Ford was getting ready to send down a program that that major electric vehicle sound like rumbles vroom in the Corvette next to you.
Anyway I was home for the day and plugged in to start charging in the morning and so I went no further but this truck was definitely noisier than my standard battery lariat, anyway I love both trucks but needed range.
Is anybody interested to know whether there is a lesser amount of perceived road noise with the switch in the off position?
You are referring to the "Propulsion" sound effect. This is an artificial sound that is played through the speakers when you are accelerating. It's a bit absurd and is most definitely turned off in my profile.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Pretty sure my 2022 Lariat has that toggle.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Pretty sure my 2022 Lariat has that toggle.
I would have thought that if you have the Sync-4A (15” screen), it’s there. But I just checked my 23 Lariat and it’s not. Unless it’s buried in some illogical menu path. In my Mach-E, it’s in “Controls”.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup, it is not there. Bummer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yup, it is not there. Bummer.
Yup - for some reason Ford restricted it to Platinums only. Maybe trying to justify the price bump over Lariat. It isn't like it costs anything to add to the truck. Probably costs more to maintain 2 versions of the Sync UI between Lariat and Platinum.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am going to check the FORScan spreadsheet to see if this can be turned on, once the APIM issue I have (or coax issue, we'll find out tomorrow) is resolved.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
In the original Platinum screen, it's a third toggle beneath the 1PD and eLoc toggles.
That’s the same menu path as the Mach-E.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Any chance your 2nd truck has AT tires instead of AS tires? This will definitely cause a bit more road noise that you may not have heard on your first.

OP
OP

Typoman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
Occupation
Retired
You are referring to the "Propulsion" sound effect. This is an artificial sound that is played through the speakers when you are accelerating. It's a bit absurd and is most definitely turned off in my profile.
LOL that sounds about right. I don't know about you but I am appreciating the quiet more and more.

OP
OP

Typoman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Any chance your 2nd truck has AT tires instead of AS tires? This will definitely cause a bit more road noise that you may not have heard on your first.
Both trucks had very mild road rated tires. If you were hearing tread noise, the speed would pick up with the speed of the vehicle instead of the speed of the drive. Now with electric that is not nearly as different as with the gasoline engine so..

nldoty

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, 2021 Model Y LR
Occupation
Data Engineer @ NASA
I am going to check the FORScan spreadsheet to see if this can be turned on, once the APIM issue I have (or coax issue, we'll find out tomorrow) is resolved.
Were you ever able to determine if this can be turned on via FORScan?
Sponsored