• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
@RDeFran Did you end up installing this yet? My electrician is submitting permits and I was wondering how far you’ve gotten on this journey…
Sponsored

OP
OP

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
Still sitting in the boxes. I don't have the truck yet, or the Charge Station part so it's not like it could be used anyway.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I tried everything in my toolbox the other day and just now, again. I couldn't find them. The closest thing is a news release from late April.

https://www.deltaww.com/en-US/news/Delta-bidirectional-inverter
"EV bi-directional charging and discharging" definitely suggests the Delta portion of the system would be capable of charging the truck with DC. Hoping it can be configured for solar-direct charging.

Also, love the typo of optimal as optical.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"EV bi-directional charging and discharging" definitely suggests the Delta portion of the system would be capable of charging the truck with DC. Hoping it can be configured for solar-direct charging.

Also, love the typo of optimal as optical.
This is the feature I am looking for in thier 10kW BDI. WIth grid down I want power to the house, and the rest to the truck battery until sundown.

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer
Has anyone on this thread installed and has the system working?
There is another thread where there are a few of us early adopters that are talking about this system. Search for "without Sunrun" if you wait to see the latest information we have gathered.

MikeMM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escape PHEV, 2022 Mach-e, soon: Lightning
Would anyone who has the Home Integration System be willing to take a picture of the certification label of each component for me? Living north of the border I'm looking for the 'c' next to the UL or CSA certification marking. Called the supplier, but they weren't able to assist...

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Would anyone who has the Home Integration System be willing to take a picture of the certification label of each component for me? Living north of the border I'm looking for the 'c' next to the UL or CSA certification marking. Called the supplier, but they weren't able to assist...
There is link posted on here somewhere to the spec sheets of all the components. Try searching “AEEExpress”.

Sponsored

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer
There is a CSA label on both the MID and the Ex_BDI units.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
This is the feature I am looking for in thier 10kW BDI. WIth grid down I want power to the house, and the rest to the truck battery until sundown.
Two questions:

1. Has anyone confirmed if solar production can occur when the grid is down and the truck is providing power to the house?

2. If solar production can occur during outages while the truck is plugged in, does excess power not utilized by critical loads in the house, get supplied back to the truck, essentially charging the truck by solar power?

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Two questions:

1. Has anyone confirmed if solar production can occur when the grid is down and the truck is providing power to the house?

2. If solar production can occur during outages while the truck is plugged in, does excess power not utilized by critical loads in the house, get supplied back to the truck, essentially charging the truck by solar power?
The 7kw inverter does NOT keep the solar on when the grid in down.

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Two questions:

Assuming you talking about HIS, the answer is yes and no. Someone has confirmed nominal AC coupling via HIS. However, no boundary conditions (e.g. battery full and off-grid, etc.) were tested AFAIK. Also, Ford does not officially support it so likely no warranty for any equipment failure due to AC coupling.
Sponsored