• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
So I had plans to change the way the Lightning looked with a new set of wheels and tonneau cover.
I swapped out the factory Platinum wheels for some Y spoke 22’s.
I also had to have tint on the front and went with ceramic window tint from Xpel.
I added a bed rug impact full bed liner and and Retrax Power Pro XR cover.
Also, I changed my antenna to a shorter flexible antenna.
If they make a kit for an adjustable air bag kit I plan to do that as well.

More info:

Kalon Kolossus 101 Alloys wheels
Gloss Black
22X9 with a +30mm offset.
38 or 39lbs.
The xl load tires I’m planning on getting are 37lbs. I believe they’re $250 a wheel. 76-77lbs total was pretty good I thought.

Bed rug was a perfect fit. The installer said he cut to fit the pro power onboard but he has also done that for ICE F-150’s also. So it was the same install for him. He said the cover was the same install but the wiring was different because of the different power source than an ICE truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint 0DEE160A-5DE9-4217-B345-DE31D6566AEC

Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint 209C1ACD-E671-4741-98FD-BDD3B98412A2
Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint C5C00E5C-209D-40EF-81D4-B6408EDA0C5D
Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint CD3E7EFD-8E3F-4650-B21A-41A09741F6D9

Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint 2549A96B-22A5-40FE-B9B4-19A8BCE82734
Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint DDC18233-3BA8-4F12-B38F-9D0934EC7B76
Ford F-150 Lightning My modified F-150 Lightning Platinum w/ mods: 22" wheels, Bed Rug Bed Liner, Retrax Power Pro XR cover, ceramic tint 40528F6B-E138-44F7-ABE1-69713CAC3541
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

illusion86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
How much does the ceramic tint cost? Is it worth it?

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
So I had the front two doors and the windshield done. It was $1k.
There’s a noticeable difference with less heat coming in from those windows. For me, it’s worth it. It can block up to 98% infrared heat. To stay legal in TX the front windows are 30% VLT and block 96% infrared.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
The biggest benefit to ceramic tint is that it doesn’t contain metallic elements that can mess up your cell signal. Usually the ceramic tint is the highest grade, so the best product and most expensive. I had ceramic on my Passat TDI and Raptor.

$1K to tint the windshield and two side windows with ceramic tint? That is absolutely ridiculous.

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
If I look at how I made the money for the things I’m doing it was actually pretty cheap. I bought ethereum when I reserved a cybertruck (11/22/19)and then sold it after I placed an order for the Lightning (1/6/2022). I would have picked a cheaper ceramic if I hadn’t made the money the way I did. You’re definitely right, it is absolutely ridiculous!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What brand wheels/rims are those? They look sharp...may look at something similar...

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
Looks great! So the Bedrug was a perfect fit? I ask because one of the drop in bedliners on ford.com specifically says that it is not for the lightning even though it was for the bed with the power inverter on board

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
I’ll look for my email for the wheels tomorrow. They’re 22X9’s with a +30mm offset. I chose them because they’re 38 or 39lbs. The xl load tires I’m planning on getting are 37lbs. I believe they’re $250 a wheel. 76-77lbs total was pretty good I thought.
Yeah the bed rug was a perfect fit. The installer said he cut to fit the pro power onboard but he has also done that for ICE F-150’s also. So it was the same install for him. He said the cover was the same install but the wiring was different because of the different power source than an ICE truck.

**Kalon Alloys
Kolossus 101
Gloss Black

Last edited:

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
The truck looks amazing! I have IR tint on my MME and plan on doing the same for the lightning. Just the windshield with 70% IR tint cost $350 but it is extremely worth it here in Cali. Where did you order the Retrax power pro?

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
The truck looks amazing! I have IR tint on my MME and plan on doing the same for the lightning. Just the windshield with 70% IR tint cost $350 but it is extremely worth it here in Cali. Where did you order the Retrax power pro?
Yes that tint really cuts the heat! Thanks!! I’m very excited with the truck so far!

I ordered through a local place. I called them on Wednesday and it was installed on Friday.
I called the tint place on Wednesday and they got me in the next day.
The wheels I ordered months ago and I had them switched out the day after I took delivery.

Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
The mods look great! I am curious as to what the purpose of the carpet is in the bed of the truck, I've never seen anyone do that before.

Aces_Over_Kings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost; 2022 Lariat ER (poached)
Awesome build, thanks for sharing. Exactly the tonneau I’m considering, and have a bed rug (bottom only) in my current truck. So I’m on your mod wacelength.

Please do give a review on the tonneau once you’ve lived with it a while. Particularly with respect to the water-tightness and whether the Lightning’s have homelink buttons you can program to open/close the tonneau.

My 2015 with revolver X2 and extra tailgate gasket is practically waterproof. Hoping for similar from the Powertrax Pro XR.

Tasteful upgrade on the rims also. Super stylin. Enjoy and let us know how the platinum treats you!

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
The mods look great! I am curious as to what the purpose of the carpet is in the bed of the truck, I've never seen anyone do that before.
It’s a bed rug liner. I’ve used them on my trucks instead of a spray in liner. My children also prefer the padding of it instead of a regular bed or sprayed liner.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I had both spray in and the bed rug on my diesel truck. I started with a shell for camping and wanted to make the bed more comfortable for kneeling. I kept it for the entire 12 years I had the truck and it was still in decent shape. I put down a pan or tarp if carrying very dirty things, the rug stayed clean enough. If I were doing a full shell again I would do another bed rug.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
It looks nice and would make for a nice bed liner that protects the gear you put in the back more than a plastic or spray on bed liner would. My concern would be that it's difficult to clean if it gets dirty, but with the tonneau cover, that probably doesn't happen much.
Sponsored