• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
OP
OP
Alex

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
What are we looking at in this picture? I see sharp edges and possible metal shearing.
its my front crash bar that i cut with a cutting wheel, i will grind it smooth later.

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
Looks awesome man!

2" lift with 285/65/20 is the sweet spot to get an aggressive look without (hopefully) taking too much of hit on range!
With original tire the range was showing 370km and now it show 335km with those tire and level kit install after 1000km riding them.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I didn't realize that color had so much brown in it. It looks almost identical to my Flex in Mineral Gray. I really like the color but I've never really considered it to be gray (despite the name). I found it odd that Ford called the color of my car "gray" and likewise I find it odd that this is called stone gray. Not that it matters, it's a great color either way. I'm glad Ford keeps bringing it back.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Thanks for the interior pictures. I have this same package on order and curious about the seats. I have dark black leather in my current vehicle so interested in trying the lighter color and I think the Heather gray on the seats looks nice.

How do you like them? Pretty comfortable

Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
With original tire the range was showing 370km and now it show 335km with those tire and level kit install after 1000km riding them.
I have maybe 25 kms of seat time with the new setup. I'm looking forward to seeing what the updated range is after a few charge cycles.

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the interior pictures. I have this same package on order and curious about the seats. I have dark black leather in my current vehicle so interested in trying the lighter color and I think the Heather gray on the seats looks nice.

How do you like them? Pretty comfortable
I loved them, more comfortable than my last 2021 lariat and the interior look nice in person. Canadian xlt package come with power tailgate, heated steering wheel/front seat and active cruise control. Honestly, the only thing that i miss from the lariat was the B&O unleashed sound system. The base one sound great but the B&O was spectacular.

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
I have maybe 25 kms of seat time with the new setup. I'm looking forward to seeing what the updated range is after a few charge cycles.
At first, i was planning to ride the KO2 in the winter but i finally change my mind and bought winter tire 275/60R20 that i will install on original wheels, with the cold weather range drop, didnt want drop the range too much.

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This looks so good! Thank you for sharing.

Based on the math (+2" level) + (+1.5" Tire size) + (8.9" clearance) = 12.4" clearance. Are you able to confirm the new clearance?

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
~10% drop is right in line with what a lot of other people are mentioning for a lift. Totally worth it for the look, ride and clearance in my opinion. If you can charge daily it should never be an issue.

Sponsored

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
Fyi, the front crash bar needed to be cut with this wheels and tire setup. Minor trim to rubber valence and front wheel liner too. No rub now.
this wasn't my first choice, I had the ice blue silver and saw it in person and didn't like it. Brought my wife to help me choose a color this time and she chose this one. I think it was the better choice after seeing these pics.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This looks so good! Thank you for sharing.

Based on the math (+2" level) + (+1.5" Tire size) + (8.9" clearance) = 12.4" clearance. Are you able to confirm the new clearance?
It doesn't work like this... It only lifted the front so the lowest point will be affected differently depending on where it is relative to the length of the vehicle.

Plus it depends on what the lowest point of the vehicle is.

Also, you only get 1/2 the tire size difference in clearance.

its my front crash bar that i cut with a cutting wheel, i will grind it smooth later.
Thanks for posting it! I appreciate it!

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
It doesn't work like this... It only lifted the front so the lowest point will be affected differently depending on where it is relative to the length of the vehicle.

Plus it depends on what the lowest point of the vehicle is.

Also, you only get 1/2 the tire size difference in clearance.
The lowest point is in the front. I have measured it at ~9". So what is the estimated increase?

2"(lift) + 0.75"(tires) = 2.75"?

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The lowest point is in the front. I have measured it at ~9". So what is the estimated increase?

2"(lift) + 0.75"(tires) = 2.75"?
Oh I'm sorry, I misread your comment. I read ground clearance. You said clearance as in the front bumper. Although I guess in this case it's the same in this case? I've gone and confused myself. :p

So yea, something like that.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Damn that looks good. Would have matched my Mustang much better than the Antimatter Blue I got.
06C08141-F49E-4203-A1B2-198F6AC6616D.jpeg
I'm assuming that's a 64 1/2 / 65 Moooooostang...

purest would say 64 1/2 for mid-year start of the Mustang in March/April of 64...
but Ford calls them a 65 model...

my LIGHTNING will be a mid-year 2002 1/2 model... since I won't receive it til the end of this month...
at least that's what I'm going with

my first was a 66 convertible Wimbeldon white/black interior, 6 cyl inline, automatic in '81

my next was a 66 convertible Wimbeldon white/black interior, 289 4brl 4 on-the-floor in '83

my last was a 65 convertible CandyApple red/black interior, 289 4brl 4 on-the-floor, born on my birthday Dec '64, in '08
Sponsored

Last edited: