• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
You can absolutely disagree with me.
I don’t disagree at all. For example (wrote about it around here), I almost declined my lightning after having to deal with SunRun (I put that on Ford), and learning what near vaporware the HIS is (in my opinion/situation).

But in this thread, someone asserted that Ford lobbied to put the $80K MSRP caps in the new EV bill in order to maximize profit. I say, show your work.

I guess I care whether or not that is correct, vs just more tin-hat-online-forum-armchair-claptrap?

Answer to that seems pretty clear.

Has nothing to do with how much someone cares about Ford as a company.

Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I don’t disagree at all. For example (wrote about it around here), I almost declined my lightning after having to deal with SunRun (I put that on Ford), and learning what near vaporware the HIS is (in my opinion/situation).

But in this thread, someone asserted that Ford lobbied to put the $80K MSRP caps in the new EV bill in order to maximize profit. I say, show your work.

I guess I care whether or not that is correct, vs just more tin-hat-online-forum-armchair-claptrap?

Answer to that seems pretty clear.

Has nothing to do with how much someone cares about Ford as a company.
Fair Fair.

How you think about Ford the company does matter if you are giving them the benefit of the doubt. I think it is almost certain that Ford was involved in the lobbying efforts in this bill. I think it is almost certain that ford knew the price caps when it set its prices. And I think Ford doesn't care about getting its customers rebates on the lightning if they will sell every single unit they make.

So then the question becomes, would Ford intentionally set its price above the cap to push customers to the standard range battery? Wild speculation is all we have, but I wouldn't put it past Ford.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Bummer I just realized SR lariat doesn’t have the twin panel roof.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Well, the new MSRP of the Pro exceeds the $42,000 cap for the “Drive Clean NY” rebate of $2,000.

It would appear that I may have to tap out, as my budget can’t take a $100 month kick is the balls. Of course, by the time I get the invite maybe I will have another $6,000 saved for the down payment.
Yes that’s a bummer. I’m wondering if the list has to be updated before that change takes effect.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glad I did not extend my Pro reservation and suffered and got an XLT :)

Went back and forth Extending and unextending it that fateful day.... Cooler heads prevailed when I realized the XLT was still a good price and who knows what the next Pro would cost and if you could even get it. Turns out MY22 XLT is a better deal than MY23 Pro. :) And, we'll see how many can even order the Pro.
If you extended for a Pro you would have got the MY23 Pro for MY22 pricing. How is that not a better deal? A year newer truck with old pricing.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
If you extended for a Pro you would have got the MY23 Pro for MY22 pricing. How is that not a better deal? A year newer truck with old pricing.
...and better range.

Technically the 2022 Pro is the only Lightning without the range boost. All other SR 2022 Models and all SR 2023 models (including 2023 Pro) got 10 extra miles of range.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, that's a big question:

Will the Private offer be shown on the order document online? Or we just hope the dealer doesn't pull anything at delivery? I feel pretty good about Granger, but it certainly would be nice if it was in the online order thing up front.
I was told when the truck comes in the private offer comes up automatically through their smartvincent system and gets applied. I have a conversation with your dealer now.
Sponsored