• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
The new price structure must be decided long before the new tax bill. I hope Ford can adjust it to make more models/options available to claim the tax benefit. I bet they will do.
Sponsored

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
I dont think the private offers are that huge. They look big, but all its doing is making up for the proce increase. Now if they do price protection WITH the additional discount then it's a great deal. However they can't and won't adjust the MSRP of certain 2023s. Therefore I believe the private offers comes off the new MSRP. I had a 2021 F150 that got converted to a 2022 and the rebates and interest were taking off the new price

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
There are some articles that are finally digesting it.

There are some limitations that take effect as soon as the Department of Transportation issues its guidance, due end of 2022...

See "It's Possible No Electric Vehicles Will Qualify for the New Tax Credit":
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/0...vehicles-will-qualify-for-the-new-tax-credit/

The text of the bill makes income levels, MSRP levels, etc., all take effect as of Jan 1, but I think the manufacturing limits take effect immediately upon guidance publication.

Lots of people trying to interpret the law and get their own articles out and we've seen plenty of sources get it wrong so far, so your mileage may still vary.
The price was high before, but now it’s insane. 61k for cloth seats?
Cloth seats are better than leather seats that wrinkle in <5k miles no?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I dont think the private offers are that huge. They look big, but all its doing is making up for the proce increase.
what more were you expecting from a program intended only to make up for the price increase for those in the correct peeing posture!?

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
The price was high before, but now it’s insane. 61k for cloth seats?
I suppose the question is, what price do you expect MY23 ICE f150 equivalents to be?

My guess: don’t let go of your ankles just yet…

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
which models to we take to be the best comparisons to the Lightning XLT and Lariat, and resulting comparative % increases?

The W1E XLT (4x4 w/ 5.5 box @ $49.22) and Lariat (4x4 w/ 5.5 box @ $60.27)?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Personally, I would compare the Lightning XLT to a ICE 302A. The Pro I would compare to a basic ICE XLT. Lariat SR to a ICE Lariat 501A and a Lariat ER to a Lariat 502A.

My opinion.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
which models to we take to be the best comparisons to the Lightning XLT and Lariat, and resulting comparative % increases?

The W1E XLT (4x4 w/ 5.5 box @ $49.22) and Lariat (4x4 w/ 5.5 box @ $60.27)?
My comparison for last year was a Lariat 5.5 box with all the equivalent options to what you get in the Lightning. I ended up with $69,800ish I think for a 2022 comparable.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Based on this, the gap may slightly widen between Lightning and ICE... but not by too much.
the Lightning trims also got some marginal equipment upgrades as standard; not sure how much the same can be said for the equivalent ICE trims

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The new price structure must be decided long before the new tax bill. I hope Ford can adjust it to make more models/options available to claim the tax benefit. I bet they will do.
Ford, along with GM, has been closely involved in this legislature over the past few years. It's not like so-called Titans of Industry go around making half-cocked decisions--certainly not like they've got the government as laced up as our US government is by lobbyists.

There's a reason all of the foreign manufacturers were spinning up domestic production--and I don't see how it could be to save money. Regardless, it would not surprise me if Ford was part of the group that lobbied these restrictions into the bill in the first place. Tesla is carved out from the incentives but they already have enough market and infrastructure (and customer demand) to weather the storm. Fisker will be fine--can't lose money on a vehicle that doesn't exist and won't ever be sold :p But Rivian? They're already into a situation where every truck they make is losing them gobs of money because they offered price protection to early reservists and they're starting up and have yet to fully ramp production. They had intended to bring their higher volume, lower priced variants in a couple years and presumably were counting on 200K sales of their premium models to get there. Instead, they either have to continue selling their vehicles at a loss in order to not stifle demand (since none of their vehicles would qualify and one of their advantages was that they hadn't exhausted their incentives) or...well, I can't really think of the alternative here. Rivian runs the very real chance of going bankrupt once this bill becomes law and I'm not saying that in the same way Musk talks about them I'm saying it because they've publicly acknowledged their price protection policy hurt them big time but losing all those customers was going to hurt worse. Now, their problems are exacerbated.

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
A Rivian is spitting distance from the higher trim F150s and has 4 motors

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
Gut reaction after going through B&P, I'm probably out. Too expensive even with the tax credit for my family. These just aren't vehicles for the every day American with a family of 4. Maybe if we were a 2 income family it might work, but even then it's just so darn expensive. Good luck to you all, pretty frustrated like other reservation holders who were passed over in year 1 for ZEV state buyers. I think my dealer got 2 Lightnings, so it probably wouldn't matter even if I wanted one this year.
Sponsored