• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
So I installed the hitch light yesterday on my Lightning and it does indeed think there's a trailer connected. Before reading the above post I tried several things like creating a zero length, zero height, zero weight trailer and made that the "active trailer" and still got the BLIS warning and rear light faults and while driving I get a warning that my "Trailer Battery is not Charging" and to see the Owner's manual.

So assuming I can delete the fake trailer settings I created (which don't work anyway), how much of all that will be fixed by cutting the resistors? All of it?

Thanks,

Mike
1) Did you order it from us
2) If so did you order a C1R or a C1

We are aware of issues with the C1R (someone just emailed me). We heard bout issues on Thursday from Gen2 Raptor owners, today on a Gen3 Raptor and also today on 1 lightning owner. But they were all running C1R as I said.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
1) Did you order it from us
2) If so did you order a C1R or a C1

We are aware of issues with the C1R (someone just emailed me). We heard bout issues on Thursday from Gen2 Raptor owners, today on a Gen3 Raptor and also today on 1 lightning owner. But they were all running C1R as I said.
Yes I ordered from you and it is the C1R.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
K so you're the 2nd person (within 10 seconds.. you're not Sean are you lol) to message us about a C1R issue and a lightning.

It's gotta be a BLIS issue then. Gen1 Raptors WORK. Gen2 Raptors and Gen3 Raptors AND Lightnings all have same issue, and they all have BLIS.

I didn't hang onto any C1R, we shipped them all, so I have more coming in this week and will do more testing on my own truck. I've let Diode know about the issues with BLIS, which WOULD make sense.

Putco had issues also with their LED Tailgate bars adn had to come up with a FORD harness for their kits. Diode may have to do the same (easy plug and play though)

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Hey outta curiosity does your REVERSE at least work??? Meaning, does it turn on when you go in reverse despite all the warnings

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
K so you're the 2nd person (within 10 seconds.. you're not Sean are you lol) to message us about a C1R issue and a lightning.

It's gotta be a BLIS issue then. Gen1 Raptors WORK. Gen2 Raptors and Gen3 Raptors AND Lightnings all have same issue, and they all have BLIS.

I didn't hang onto any C1R, we shipped them all, so I have more coming in this week and will do more testing on my own truck. I've let Diode know about the issues with BLIS, which WOULD make sense.

Putco had issues also with their LED Tailgate bars adn had to come up with a FORD harness for their kits. Diode may have to do the same (easy plug and play though)
Okay, well I'm going to disconnect it for now but not cut anything until I hear back from you.

The sheer number of warning messages while driving is ridiculous. Even after the truck announces that the trailer is now disconnected (apparently it just gets fed up with the whole thing) I still get the trailer not charging message about every 5 minutes.

I haven't looked to see if the reverse light comes on but the red light does.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Okay, well I'm going to disconnect it for now but not cut anything until I hear back from you.

The sheer number of warning messages while driving is ridiculous. Even after the truck announces that the trailer is now disconnected (apparently it just gets fed up with the whole thing) I still get the trailer not charging message about every 5 minutes.

I haven't looked to see if the reverse light comes on but the red light does.
Please check for me. It's easy to check. Connect it all and then from your Ford app, just use the zone lighting to turn on the back lights. See if the reverse on the hitchpod comes on

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please check for me. It's easy to check. Connect it all and then from your Ford app, just use the zone lighting to turn on the back lights. See if the reverse on the hitchpod comes on
Using zone lighting, the hitch pod comes on white when the rear zone is activated.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I uninstalled the whole thing and took a look at the harness after unwrapping the tape.

Just to make sure I'm looking at the right thing....it would appear to me that the resistors in this harness have already been clipped. I peeled back the heat shrink a bit on the edge of the white wire just to make sure I knew what I was looking at. The one on the yellow wire clearly looked clipped without having to do anything to check it. There is a bit of exposed conductor bent over on the white wire resistor but it is cut and doesn't go any further than the heat shrink.
Ford F-150 Lightning NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit IMG_3553
Ford F-150 Lightning NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit IMG_3552

If I'm looking at the wrong thing let me know.

Mike

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Looks right to me.

I just tested a C1R on my own lightning... AND it worked fine. No issues at all. In fact, if i pressed the trailer brake control button it said "no trailer connected" so not sure what's going on.

Diode doesn't know either to be honest. It's hit/miss it seems.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
Looks right to me.

I just tested a C1R on my own lightning... AND it worked fine. No issues at all. In fact, if i pressed the trailer brake control button it said "no trailer connected" so not sure what's going on.

Diode doesn't know either to be honest. It's hit/miss it seems.
So would you recommend to hold off buying it for a while?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
So would you recommend to hold off buying it for a while?
Dunno. Some Gen2/Gen3 Raptor owners had issues.

Some lightning owners had issues. I tested it on my lightning, no issues though

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
@4x4TruckLEDs.com, what does this light do when you put on a turn signal? Does it blink with one of the two sides like most trailer connected brake lights?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I mean the one that has the tail/brake integration.
No sorry it's not a turn signal. It's reverse only or you can get it with a brake option
Sponsored