• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Finally arrived and love it.

I didn't want a soft cover due to the lack of security. I didn't want the roll-up because of the box taking up too much room at the front of the bed. I didn't want the hard covers that accordion since you can't open/close them with stuff in the bed. And didn't want the full length hard cover that open up since you can't stand anything up in the bed. So that led to the Diamondback and I'm happy it did. Either half can fold all the way over and lay flat if you unhook the gas struts, or just be removed. Super secure, and tough enough to walk on top of it.

I have adjusted the rear locking levers such that the power tailgate will still open. When closing, it needs a little nudge by hand, but that's ok. The only thing I wish it could do is power lock/unlock with the truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning Diamondback SE hard tonneau cover installed! PXL_20240329_165537840

Ford F-150 Lightning Diamondback SE hard tonneau cover installed! PXL_20240329_170034586

Ford F-150 Lightning Diamondback SE hard tonneau cover installed! PXL_20240329_165635028

Ford F-150 Lightning Diamondback SE hard tonneau cover installed! PXL_20240329_165934059

Ford F-150 Lightning Diamondback SE hard tonneau cover installed! PXL_20240329_165905482
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The tailgate will work well once the seal gets compressed, leave it tighter. Mine rarely needs a nudge.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Looks heavy, how much does it weight? Looked online but they just tell us how much it can hold on top?
For daily driver every add-on matters on range. Donā€™t want to be carrying dead weight around. Thatā€™s just me, your does look good, and very clean. I thought of getting one of those a year ago for my Gladiator, but was too pricy. Take care.

Hauling Capacity400 lb. dynamic load rating
1,200 lb. static load rating
DimensionsTruck Specific
Folded DimensionsTruck Specific
Construction.080ā€ 3003 aluminum alloy
5-6 structural studs
4 Anchor Plates
EPDM compression gasket
Stainless steel hinges and external hardware
5356 alloy TIG welds
Keep ā€˜em honest latch
2 clamp jaw handles

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Looks heavy, how much does it weight? Looked online but they just tell us how much it can hold on top?
For daily driver every add-on matters on range. Donā€™t want to be carrying dead weight around.
About 80lbs. The two panels are 35lbs each. So not a factor affecting range. Aerodynamically it is probably neutral to a slight reduction, but again nothing of any significance to actually care about.

Security is more important to me than the loss of 1.2 miles range.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
About 80lbs. The two panels are 35lbs each. So not a factor affecting range. Aerodynamically it is probably neutral to a slight reduction, but again nothing of any significance to actually care about.

Security is more important to me than the loss of 1.2 miles range.
Cool, looks great, glad finally heard from someone who has them. Might invest. Take care.

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Ended up finding a used Diamondback HD due to the review. Itā€™s rock solid, thank you.

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes

Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I would guess a 2015 to 2020 (13th gen)should work. 2021 (14th gen)and up short bed would be the same as our lighting for sure.​

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Cool, looks great, glad finally heard from someone who has them. Might invest. Take care.
Well worth the investment. I've had both SE and HD versions. SE is awesome and easy to take on/off with one person. HD is a fair bit heavier and one person can still take it on/off. The panels are about 50lbs each. It can carry 1600lbs on top. There are two minor advantages of the HD - extra carrying capacity (like if you want to put a quad up there.) and extra tie-down cleats.

If you don't need to load it with more than 400lbs, the SE is probably the way to go and save yourself a bit of weight and cash - you can add the extra cleats if you want them. The cleats on the front and back are very useful (SE doesn't have these by default).

In both cases, if you load weight on the rear panel, your tailgate may not be easy to operate due to the weight on the seal. The rear cleats on the HD make nice handles for lifting the weight off to open the tailgate.

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
If you don't need to load it with more than 400lbs, the SE is probably the way to go and save yourself a bit of weight and cash - you can add the extra cleats if you want them. The cleats on the front and back are very useful (SE doesn't have these by default).
This is exactly the reason I went with the SE. I wish I had an ATV to drive up on top of it....

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
Iā€™ve had mine on for over a year. Itā€™s never leaked or had any issues. My tailgate closes automatically without any assistance.